ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TheDude

Post by TheDude »

I think i got it working kinda now...
but it only adds one song to the list. Is that normal? or is it supposed to be 5 or configurable for that matter?
Is there something specific i need to set in the options maybe?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It only adds one at a time at the moment. The next version will have more options though. It looks like it's going to be a big step up! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

trixmoto wrote:It only adds one at a time at the moment. The next version will have more options though. It looks like it's going to be a big step up! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8) 8) 8) :D 8) 8) 8)

You will be suprised.....
Just be patient... I am rewritting everything from scratch....
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You tease us, its unbearable!
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I am not teasing you Teknojnky, i am just telling the truth.... :lol:

I'll tell you what, i promise that once the new version is stable enough i will please you to participate (along with few other "power" users) in to an internal beta test, just to make sure that i will release a software with as few bugs as possible...

Then you will be able to tease all the others for some time, lol 8) :lol:
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

:o I can't manage the wait... I'm so doggon excited :o
My Plugins: PrettyPictures [v0.9.2], Forget Crossfade [v1.0], Behind Titlebars [v0.9], Filter Nodes [v1.0.1], View Mode [1.0], BPM.tapper [v1.0]
My Site: http://www.ublik-om.net
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

aahhh.. I'm going crazy.. I'm so excited... somebody say something!
My Plugins: PrettyPictures [v0.9.2], Forget Crossfade [v1.0], Behind Titlebars [v0.9], Filter Nodes [v1.0.1], View Mode [1.0], BPM.tapper [v1.0]
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

psyxonova is clearly too busy working on his tan to work on this script! :lol:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 2496#52496

He is completely rewriting it though, so give him some time! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

Just a Suggestion:
Could you change "no same Artist in Minutes" to "no same Artist in number of recent tracks from current playlist"? Because if you skip a track it's not counted as played, and the same Artist could appear in the list after the next song again, though you didn't want to listen to it.

Another little thing:
I realized that scrobbler DJ could not locate the artist on last.fm if an Artist with an "ö" or "ä" was played, such as Motörhead or Die Ärzte, altough last.fm does know them.

Edit
There's some more coming to my mind:
What about having the option whether to load next file from default playlist, or from same Genre as currently playing, if last.fm could not help? And therefor use same rating-inclusions as normally done. So you wouldn't hardly notice that last.fm failed.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

The last 2 suggestions are allready in the new ScrobblerDJ. I will think about the first one....
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hi, just read your blog.

was thinking about the play from genre feature. If both the"Default playlist" option and "default genre" option are hidden in the options dialog, it will get a little frustrating as we will often listen to different genre's and will have to go into the options to change this (you probably know this).

If it's possible, I would recommend putting a dropdown of genre's next to you scrobbler DJ button (maybe in it's own panel). So you can change genre's straight from the normal screen. At the top of this list should be the option "playlist" and this should then use the default playlist which is defined within the options dialog.

You also mentioned that it would have an "exclude" tracks by genre option. to tie in with the default genre, it would be good if it had "only" a particular genre option (though this could be what you mean by default genre - I've taken default genre to mean what tracks are used if scrobbler DJ 'fails' (like the default playlist) - where as an "only" genre option would mean that scrobbler DJ only queues tracks with the same genre.

If this was implemented, it may also be worthwhile looking into "related genres" because many tracks will have poorly labelled genres. So... upon the playlist 'starting' you check scrobbler DJ for related genre's of the current genre and take note of the most closely related. eg. "Rap" might find "Rap & Hip-Hop", "Rap & Hip Hop", "Underground Rap" and "Commercial Rap" - all of which may be slight deviations of the genre but more importantly, could simply be deviations of genre labels (eg hip hop and hip-hop).

Then, as the playlist progresses, you have a list of genres to allow.

Implementing an "Only from genre" option on top of a "Default" genre option should then be incorporated into the same drop down. if a genre is chosen int he drop down, it sets both the "default genre" and the "only from genre" to that option. Selecting the "playlist" option would use the default playlist and disable any genre limiting.

Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

psyxonova,

I'm also curious about if you looked into dealing with the feedback loop issue and if it was possible to automatically prevent? - because I did not see it listed in the new features on your blog.

If you haven't already done this... maybe it would be possible to contact last.fm regarding it - maybe they have designed something in to deal with this specifically? - or .. if they have not and have no suggestion... maybe it would be worth suggesting to them to implement something which will handle it:

idea for last.fm handling feedback loop:

whenever last.fm recieves a request for recommendations it could list the IP of the requesting computer. Then, when a song is logged to last.fm, it checks the IP of the computer logging and if it is the same as any IP that recently requested a recommendation (say...3mins?) it still logs the song to the users page and (possibly) stats but excludes the song from the overall stats and relationships.

therefore, it would log the song on the page (as everyone seems to want) but it wouldn't build relationships from it. Obviously, how easy it would be for them to add this kind of funciton in depends on how they deal with the logging atm.

Dale.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

DaledeSilva
Thanks again for your suggestions. The feature list you saw on my blog was a copy-paste from my personal to-do list so not every feature is described as it should. What i meant by "Default" genre was actually this:
Suppose a hip-hop track plays from e.g. WuTang Clan, ScrobblerDJ takes Last.Fm's recomendations and could not come with a recomended Artist in your library. In this case ScrobblerDJ should try to add a random Hip-Hop track you allready have. If this fails as well then ScrobblerDJ will add a track from the Default playlist, if no accessible tracks exist in the default playlist then it will add a random track from your library.
The exclude by Genres is a tottaly different thing:
Suppose you have some songs you never want to play (e.g. jingels or Christmas songs) all you have to do is exclude those genres from ScrobblerDJ and it will never add them to the now playing list.

The idea you present about ScrobblerDJ playing tracks only from spesific genres although interesting i dont think it feets the ScrobblerDJ purpose. This script is supposed to give a bit of randomness in order to dig out those songs you own and never hear. In any case, i should consider adding that in a later release.

Finally about the feedback thing... well Last.FM has posted a beta of their new plug-in which i started using 1 month ago. This plug-in among other things (eg multiple profiles) it supports turning it on and off on the fly using a system tray icon. I think this is an acceptable sollution and (although havent checked it) looks like this option can be controled by scripting as well and thus fixing our problem...

BTW, thanks for taking the time looking at my blog...
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

hey, thanks for replying so quickly.

good point about the "only this genre" suggestion, it probably isn't fully suited to this. I guess if you wanted only one genre you could just play that genre on random instead of using scrobblerDJ.

I think it would still be quite handy to have an easily accessibly drop down to change default genre's... however, maybe this is also something for the future?

good thinking with the exclude genre's.

last.fm feedback sounds good.

I was actually a little dissapointed you only had a couple of entries on your blog... I would have read more ;)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

DaledeSilva wrote: I think it would still be quite handy to have an easily accessibly drop down to change default genre's... however, maybe this is also something for the future?
The "Default" genre will be a dynamic one, it will be the same of the current playing track, so if you were listening to a Rock song that came up with no results from Last.FM another Rock song will be added.

I just started my blog yersteday. Will grow bigger day by day...
Last edited by psyXonova on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.