ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

I agree, last.fm needs to be consulted to have a better understanding of what's involved and what they have available... However, I think that psyxonova's solution of automatically turning of the scrobbler logging plugin while scrobbler dj is running is a good solution also that might not be very difficult at all (hopefully) - and as someone said previously, if this solution is easily viable, it should probably be taken as otherwise it this problem is occupying too much time (that could be used to make more scripts or add more functionality to this one ;)
My Plugins: PrettyPictures [v0.9.2], Forget Crossfade [v1.0], Behind Titlebars [v0.9], Filter Nodes [v1.0.1], View Mode [1.0], BPM.tapper [v1.0]
My Site: http://www.ublik-om.net
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Well, I want my played tracks submitted regardless, but as long as its an option then thats cool... that said I don't think you can modify plugin's via script.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

I know how you feel wanting your played tracks logged to last.fm and registered on your page, etc. However, if it's possible to do it that way, it definitely shouldn't be an option in my opinion. Because then everyone would turn it off and the problem wouldn't be solved at all.

Dale.
My Plugins: PrettyPictures [v0.9.2], Forget Crossfade [v1.0], Behind Titlebars [v0.9], Filter Nodes [v1.0.1], View Mode [1.0], BPM.tapper [v1.0]
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I think it would be more important to worry about the people who play radiohead and coldplay 24/7 than people using scrobbler dj. :lol:

Top Artists – Overall
Generated: Tuesday May 30
1 Coldplay 7006
2 Yes 545
Top Artists – Overall
Generated: Friday May 26
1 Radiohead 23142
2 The White Stripes 340
roofles
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

lol
DeltaNu1142

ERROR!!

Post by DeltaNu1142 »

Everyone's raving about this script & I'd LOVE if it'd work for me... however, I'm getting an error when I try to access the ScrobblerDJ Settings in the options window:

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument: '[string: "null"]'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs", Line: 239, Column: 2

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
-Josh

EDIT: since installing, I also get a COM Server Warning when exiting MM:
"There are still active COM objects in this application. One or more clients may have references to these objects, so manually closing this application may cause those client application(s) to fail.
Are you sure you want to close this application?"

Arrgg...
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

that's funny.. I got both those errors but I can't remember how / when they dissapeared.. and I've only been using it for about a week :s

I have a feeling that I was using a beta version of MM when it didn't work.. but totally unsure.

dale.
psyXonova

Re: ERROR!!

Post by psyXonova »

DeltaNu1142 wrote:Everyone's raving about this script & I'd LOVE if it'd work for me... however, I'm getting an error when I try to access the ScrobblerDJ Settings in the options window:

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument: '[string: "null"]'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs", Line: 239, Column: 2

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
-Josh
Plz install the latest MM beta. After that go into the options sheet and add value to every option and click OK, your problems should go away...
DeltaNu1142 wrote: EDIT: since installing, I also get a COM Server Warning when exiting MM:
"There are still active COM objects in this application. One or more clients may have references to these objects, so manually closing this application may cause those client application(s) to fail.
Are you sure you want to close this application?"

Arrgg...
This is not really a problem, nothing will happen if you click OK. In anycase, go to the Scripts\Auto folder and open ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs with the notepad. Notice the first 2-3 lines. Are they like this??

Code: Select all

Dim SDB
Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
If yes plz delete those lines. I always put them inside during development, in order to have autocomplete functions when i script put they are useless under normal conditions and they cause this message to appear.

Hope this helps
DeltaNu1142

Re: ERROR!!

Post by DeltaNu1142 »

psyxonova wrote:Hope this helps
SWEEEEET. I had the latest Beta but adding something other than "0" in config did the trick. Yes, I had those lines at the beginning of the script & just commented them out. THANKS!

-Josh
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Now you can put 0 again anywhere you like. This problem occurs only on fresh installations. It will be fixed in a new release

Hope you like the script
Azaniah

Post by Azaniah »

Silly question..

Do I have to use the Internal Player to use this script. I can't seem to get it working using WinAmp as the player.

Thanks Steve
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Yes, you must use the internal player....
Winamp or anyother external player is not supported....
Azaniah

Post by Azaniah »

Okies...

You might want to add that to summary notes for this script.

Just out of interest do you use the standard pluggins that come with MediaMonkey?

Thanks Steve
confyoosed

inaccurate error message

Post by confyoosed »

I've noticed an interesting bug, and I know others have experienced the same issue. Sometimes I will see: Related Artists found but none are in your library, adding a track from the default playlist. However, if I delete the last track and then restart the current track, it will find an artist & track and just say: Artist - Title added. Clearly there is a bug in ScrobblerDJ where it thinks there is no match between the related artist list & my library, but I don't know why this happens. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

The problem has been around awhile, its more pronounced if you have a very long 'no artist' time.

Hopefully, Pysxonova will have time to update it at some point.