ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@psyxonova - In fact you could just switch the AutoDJ off! And then restore the previous setting (on/off) when you switch ScrobblerDJ off. My "Previewer" script now does this.
Last edited by trixmoto on Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Earlthegrey

Post by Earlthegrey »

Yes, that's what i did... after i got serious errormessages while accessing the options of ScolbblerDJ... what i mean is, bring up a simple Msgbox like 'To use ScobblerDJ, turn MM AutoDJ off!', intead of an VBS-Errormessage.

Anyway, Great Script! Good Work! :D

hmm, hav to look for your previewer-script ;)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

trixmoto wrote:@psyxonova - In fact you could just switch the AutoDJ off! And then restore the previous setting (on/off) when you switch ScrobblerDJ off. My "Previewer" script now does this.
This is strange cause ScrobblerDJ allready does that. I think that the error messages were caused because the version of MM that Earlthegrey was using didnt support this function
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, that's probably what it is then! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pbparker

Post by pbparker »

BTW, thanks for the script.. the addition of both last.fm and ScrobblerDJ to my Monkey have made for some excellent listening lately.
hicksenterprises

Could not access Last.FM. Check network connectivity.

Post by hicksenterprises »

I just installed this VERY cool script.

I am getting the above message everytime SDJ tries to access Last.FM, then it selects a song from my default playlist.

I pull up my Dashboard on Last.FM and it is getting the songs as they are played.

What do I need to do so SDJ can access Last.FM?
hicksenterprises

Answered my own question - Needed longer timeout setting

Post by hicksenterprises »

This is so cool. Thanks for a great way to explore my library.
Bex

Re: Could not access Last.FM. Check network connectivity.

Post by Bex »

hicksenterprises wrote:I just installed this VERY cool script.

I am getting the above message everytime SDJ tries to access Last.FM, then it selects a song from my default playlist.

I pull up my Dashboard on Last.FM and it is getting the songs as they are played.

What do I need to do so SDJ can access Last.FM?
It seems that MM cant connect to internet. Does auto-tag from amazon work?
Are you behind a firewall/proxy server? Check your settings in Options-> Network.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

I installed the script and did everything...but I have a cpl questions. Do you have to have last.fm running in the taskbar all the time? And do I create a playlist w/ 1 song and play it and then scrobbler kicks in? It says in mm at the bottom scrobbler DJ querying...and then I get a request time out. I am kinda bad w/ computers and these are prob. stupid questions, but I need the help. I just need to figure out how to use it...and I have read everything on the first page and more
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No you don't have to have Last.Fm running in the taskbar.

The script kicks in when the last song in Now Playing is played - so playing a playlist with only one track (often referred to as the "seed" track) would indeed start the script.

Maybe try setting your timeout a little longer in the settings. This sounds like a connection problem so maybe you're running behind a firewall or proxy which is blocking the request?
Miki

Post by Miki »

Sometimes, for reasons unknown i cant open last.fm through a browser, it says connection reset, but then if i refresh the page, it works perfect.

An option like 'number or retries; would be handy, so if your timeout is set it 10 it will try 3 times before giving up.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

last.fm has been having alot of time out issues lately (for me), both for scrobblerdj and the main site itself.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I have also noticed a lot more "time outs" with Last.fm lately, and I agree with Miki, that if possible, a longer time out period or set number of retries would be a very welcome addition to this great script.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can change the timeout period in the options sheet.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

That's right Trixmoto but max. is 25sec which although would seem to be adequate, at times it just isn't and a timeout occurs.
If this was the max. but option dialogue perhaps allowed for max. 5 retries before timeout, this would be good.