mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Found a problem while trying to tag:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.TrackList.SetMatchingValues(ListViewHandler SourceTracks)
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.AlbumPageDownloadingComplete()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.AlbumDownloader_OnDownloadComplete(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.DownloadHelper.download_DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadStringCompleted(DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadStringOperationCompleted(Object arg)
Only thing I could tell (other than the obvious lack of a tracks list) was that the "Click here" that takes you to the album page on Discogs was missing. There's a bunch more things in the error popup, but as I recall, you only wanted the first couple lines (The other lines all contain information on loaded assemblies). This error reproduces each time I search Discogs. It wasn't doing it earlier, so maybe it has something to do with displaying results for "Miss Kittin".

EDIT: After closing and reopening the program, the "click here" links were back. Still can't see the tracklist though.
easye

Not tagging all tracks in album

Post by easye »

First let me say that I love this script. Thank you for all the work you put into it.

I've been having a problem with some albums I am trying to tag. Everything seems to work fine except it will miss one or two tracks when the actual writing of the tags is done. I am using the AllMusic search, it is showing the correct information, including tag info for the "missed" tracks. All the other tracks are written with correct tag info and album art. But for some reason one or two tracks will be skipped and not updated at all.

Is there anything that I might change to get this to work correctly? If you need some debug info, please let me know.
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

The problem is that because the tracklist is broken, it only updates things that are 99% close to the actual title. I've had it not update because it didn't have the letters "rmx" at the end of a track. It sucks, but until the script gets fixed, you'll have to manually get it really close to correct before it will tag for you.

Hope this helps.
Steegy_

Post by Steegy_ »

In the tracks preview window (track information grid at the bottom), are all tracks checked (checkbox) and is the # column completely filled in with track numbers?

Cheers
Steegy
easye

Post by easye »

Steegy_ wrote:In the tracks preview window (track information grid at the bottom), are all tracks checked (checkbox) and is the # column completely filled in with track numbers?

Cheers
Steegy
Like Exaxxion said above, the tracklist is "broken". Nothing shows up in that section for me at all. When I say nothing, there is no grid or control in that section at all. I'm using the version posted a few messages back from the following url: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... -10-06.exe

Is there a different version I should be using?
stylewyse

Post by stylewyse »

Hi, another exception, i understand you appreciate them posted... (occured momentarily after pressing the "save tag" button.)

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80080005.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.MMInterface.get_SDB()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.GetSelectedTracksFromMM()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.btnGetSelectedTracksFromMM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
alphaex

for foobar....

Post by alphaex »

I know that this seems wierd in a mediamonkey forum, but is there any chance you would make a version that gets tracks and tags to foobar2000? Not sure if this is possible without a new foobar component, though.
jimpalompa

Post by jimpalompa »

Hi everyone!

I am updating my whole library at the moment. But the problem is how to get the composer info?

This is the only thing i need on my tags at the moment, but i can't seem to find the info with your programs.

How to find composer info?
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

As far as I can tell, an option for composer information is not included with the program. You'll have to enter it manually.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Composer information can be found using the Amazon web source, and probably also using AllMusicGuide.

@StyleWyse:
This "COM" exception has been happening for a long time (occasionally) and the reason is unknown and rather dubious to me.
Does it happen always when you want interaction with MM (using "Get Tracks" or "Save Tags"), or only occasionally? How about MediaMonkey at that moment? Did you use it meanwhile (a lot?), or was is just in the background?

Any programmer who can shed some light on this problem, please help us!

Thanks
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
stylewyse

Post by stylewyse »

Steegy wrote:Composer information can be found using the Amazon web source, and probably also using AllMusicGuide.

@StyleWyse:
This "COM" exception has been happening for a long time (occasionally) and the reason is unknown and rather dubious to me.
Does it happen always when you want interaction with MM (using "Get Tracks" or "Save Tags"), or only occasionally? How about MediaMonkey at that moment? Did you use it meanwhile (a lot?), or was is just in the background?

Any programmer who can shed some light on this problem, please help us!

Thanks
Steegy
1. No, it's intermittent
2. Yes, only happens when i activally use the application, thus not on background
3. Only suggestion i could have: i was using diverse audio and video software, perhaps a stack overflow/reserved adress space/locked process/service?
Although sometimes a bit disappointing,
Always ment with the best intentions.

tj_junk

Generial site question....

Post by tj_junk »

I love the tagger, but I hate having to search several forum pages to find the URL to the latest release.

Is there an easier way to post a link to the latest release version of this or any other script or app?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I'm planning to do this (I already made a ver basic (offline) page with most downloads and the "what changed"). However, I feel it's not the moment yet as I feel the current version is still not so good (latest gui changes conserning resizable tracks preview) and in the near future there probably won't change anything.
(BTW: Not making new posts with an url to a new installer is a way to keep the forum quiet when I've got no time to be busy with it)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

where can I download this add-on?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The "most recent" version is located here: //REMOVED : Newer version available//
Last edited by Steegy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.