LinkedTracks v1.1.1 [MM2+3+4] (TSFKA TiedSongsGroups)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rycher

Re: LinkedTracks v1.1.1 [MM2+3+4] (TSFKA TiedSongsGroups)

Post by rycher »

daztrue wrote:
rycher wrote:Here is an update of the DJTiedSongsGroups script.
Is this used instead of LinkedTracks or in conjunction with it? And does it make tracks play in a specific order just like LinkedTracks?
This was posted a while back in this thread. I haven't been following the thread for a while, I'm not sure how it evolved and what LinkedTracks does compared to it. You would have to sift through the thread to see want happened.

This is intended to either have albums selected randomly but played in order by auto-dj, or when not in album mode to have all tracks tagged along the randomly selected track play together in the right order. The tracks belonging together must be tagged beforehand (another script exists for this). The tag is stored in Custom 3 field. When an untagged track is selected it is added normaly like the standard auto-dj.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Sorry but I am confused.
I would like to use this LinkedTracks script with MM4.
Many of the posts talked about another script namely DJTiedSongsGroups script and the tweaks that are required for it to work with MM4.

Please reassure me that this LinkedTracks script works with MM4.
I downloaded the link from the first post. I hope that right.
Installation Package: LinkedTracks111.mmip
Thanks,
MediaMonkey user since 2006
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Sorry but I am confused.
I would like to use this LinkedTracks script with MM4.
Many of the posts talked about another script namely DJTiedSongsGroups script and the tweaks that are required for it to work with MM4.

Please reassure me that this LinkedTracks script works with MM4.
I downloaded the link from the first post. I hope that right.
Installation Package: LinkedTracks111.mmip
Thanks,
I spent last night and today trying the latest code on page 4 and Einstein's code on page 5. Good news is that they both work in MM4, however, not smoothly. I put 10 songs in the now playing list and then picked Golden Slumbers from Abbey Road Medley to play next, which should start at You Never Give Me Your Money. When the current now playing song ended Golden Slumbers started for about five seconds and then You Never Give Me Your Money started and all the other songs before Golden Slumbers were added. So, it works, you just get a five second delay. Not the smoothest of operations and I don't know how to fix it. I didn't use it in MM3 so I don't have a comparison. Maybe because I'm manually manipulating the now playing list it doesn't work, but you would think it would.
corbin

Linked Tracks not playing "previous" tracks

Post by corbin »

When set to shuffle mode, 'linked tracks' works fine as far as completing a set of linked tracks it jumps to. However, if it shuffles to the middle tracks in a linked set, it does not play from the first track of the set; it plays from wherever it landed to the end of the linked set instead.

I have the setting "also add previous linked tracks (and start playing from the 1st)' set to true in my Options, yet it doesn't seem to be working. I have tried switching it on and off with no change.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corbin
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locked, use existing topic
nohitter151

Re: Linked Tracks not playing "previous" tracks

Post by nohitter151 »

Sounds like you are posting about an addon, you should not post it to bug reports but to the actual addon thread in the addons help section.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I am having a "problem" with the LinkedTracks process and hoping I am just not understanding how it should work.

Setup: Win7 current Patched, MM Beta 1623 and the current LinkedTracks

1) removed all tracks from 'Now Playing'
2) In the basic Music section, went to 'Abbey Road' and selected tracks 7-17, right clicked and selected 'link selected tracks'.
3) Selected and then Drag&Dropped the 'Abbey Road' tracks to 'Now Playing'
4) Player is in Shuffle mode
5) dclicked track 3 (Maxwell's Silver Hammer).
6) After track 3 completed it went to Track 1. To this point Cool
7) After track 1 played track 12 highlighted ... but track 7 played. again pretty cool to this point
8 ) after track 17 played it then jumped to track 11. ??? This i don't understand. IF it goes to track 11 ... shouldn't it play track 7.

Sure i am just doing / understanding something wrong.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Any thoughts on this?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
EinsteinX

Post by EinsteinX »

rrfpacker wrote:
I spent last night and today trying the latest code on page 4 and Einstein's code on page 5......
Hold on there! I'm nowhere near smart enough to create a code like this. I'm barely able of modifying a script.
All I intended to do on page 5 was summarise at the (then) end of the discussing thread, the script that was working for me. As it says in the script that I summarise it was created by Tanguy Kervahut and all credit goes to him.

Having said that, I am pleased to report that last week I finally upgraded from MM 3.2.1.1297 to MM 4.0.7.1511, then this morning I installed the DJTiedSongsGroups as described in my previous post and it is working exactly as I was and am used to.

So from a very happy MM user,

Cheers, Eins
Jack01

Post by Jack01 »

The link tracks script works great with classical music in newest version of MM 4 when playing MM on the PC, but not in the MM media server. Any chance to make the script work there too?
Davo

Post by Davo »

I have a couple of problems using LinkTracks with AutoDJ. eg
If AutoDJ has selected say, Track 3 of a group of 5 linked tracks the following happens -
1. Track 3 plays for a few seconds then stops
2. All 5 tracks are selected in Now Playing
3. Then Track 4 starts playing or sometimes it skips all 5 tracks & plays the next random track in AutoDJ
Occasionally it will play all 5 tracks in the correct order.
David

Post by peppergomez »

Is there any way to unlink tracks once you have linked them? I selected every song by a particular artist to correct the genre, and clicked the bottom option (which had been Properties), which linked all the songs together. D'oh. I'd like to undo that.

thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Steegy wrote:Note: By default, the 'link' between the linked tracks will be stored in the tracks' Custom5 field. This can be changed in the settings (e.g. if you are already using this field for another purpose).
Sounds like the link is in Custom5 which you should be able to edit.
UnderCoverGuy

Post by UnderCoverGuy »

I’m having a problem with the latest LT (using 1656) – hopefully someone can help.

I'm trying to figure out how the linked tracks are actually linked (beyond Custom5)? It works for all of the sets of songs that I have linked except for one group of songs (it is simply 2 songs). I've cleared out Custom5 for both songs completely so that when I manually play the songs I can individually play each song independent of the other. However, when I link these two tracks together (one is track 5 and one is track 19), I end up with track 19, track 19, track 19, track 5 in my playlist (starting from a blank playlist). This happens if I play either track. This is the only set of linked tracks that skips so many track #’s like that (could that be the issue)? Is LT only designed to play tracks sequentially without skipping track #’s?

Also, is there any way (other than changing the track #) to control which songs play in which order? Is there a “track order” that can be added to the script and kept in Custom5 as well? Has the latest code been posted so that maybe I can change it and add a track order preference?

Thanks,
UCG
peppergomez

Post by peppergomez »

I installed this and have it running. But when I highlight two tracks and select Link Selected Tracks, it doesn't seem to make any difference during playback. I usually use shuffle and want those two linked tracks to play back to back so that in shuffle they are effectively viewed by MM as a single track to play.

Am I missing something in terms of what this script does, or is it not functioning properly for me?

Thanks.
rycher

Post by rycher »

peppergomez wrote:I installed this and have it running. But when I highlight two tracks and select Link Selected Tracks, it doesn't seem to make any difference during playback. I usually use shuffle and want those two linked tracks to play back to back so that in shuffle they are effectively viewed by MM as a single track to play.
This works when using AutoDJ, not shuffle.