Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for these suggestions, they're on my list! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
over

Post by over »

Thanks for all the work you've done. I have several questions. I have found that the way I was tagging (auto tag to folder) was not allowing me to see the album art in iTunes. My wife is a Mac person and I copy our music to a separate hard drive for her to use. The problem seemed to be that the tags were not embedded. So when I started using "save image to tag"...presto all of the artwork saved this way showed up in both iTunes on her Mac and in MM on my PC.

Now I have over 5,000 albums to retag to get the artwork to show on my wife's computer. I thought I had found the answer in your script. However when I use your script to embed the tags, the artwork still does not show in iTunes. When I take the very same albums and use MM auto tagging from Amzon and select "save image to tag" it works every time. I have repeated my experiment several times and am sure of the results.

Does your script embed the tags in a slightly different fashion from MM so as to cause this? Do you have any suggestions to solve my dilemma?

Thanks again!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script uses MM to create the tags, so I don't know why this would be behaving differently. :-?

Does the artwork appear in MM properly?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
over

Post by over »

Yes, my art appears in MM correctly. It just appears that the tags are not embedded in exacty the same way MM does. It is possible that there is something else going on that I'm not aware of on my end. I appreciate your reply.

I went out and got MP3Tag to do the job 'cuz I was anxious to do it. I used your script to remove the art tags, renamed all of my art to folder.jpg and then had MP3Tag embed the art. It shows the embedded art in iTunes fine. It also shows the art in MM fine. Job done.

Again thanks for your script and reply!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Does iTunes support 'Picture Comments' or whatever? I know Trix's script will add "Added with Trixmoto's Album Art Tagger" or something along the lines, if iTunes doesn't understand these comments, that may have been the problem. I don't know though, I don't let iTunes near my PC. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There is now an MM3 installation package available to download from my website.
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

How do I install it? I tried the searching the forum but irrelevant topics came up instead. A readme should be included to prevent these type of questions.
MediaMonkey Gold (Lifetime)
- If my configuration's specifications are helpful, please go here.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Once you've downloaded the MMIP file you can install it by double clicking on the file, which should be associated with MM3 so will install automatically. You can either do with MM3 open or closed.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Trix,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong and I see conflicting info here.

In MM2 I have Album Art Tagger (current) and I have a song with album art embedded in it. The interesting part is that it's a FLAC file.

I see a post here that says FLAC files can't have art in them but this one does.

I bought it off Music Giants and it came as a WMA file with embedded album art. I then converted it to FLAC and every tool I have can show me the album art within it.

When I launch the script while having the song highlighted, I choose option 1 and leave the settings as is <path>\<album>. I set the quality to 100% and click Go!

Here's what I see:

1. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask)
Mask: <path>\<album>
Key: Will be created - Duplicate - File already exists
These images will not be extracted.

# Track Files to create
1 Smash Mouth - Walkin' On The Sun.flac No images to extract

I'm not sure what Key is telling me. It already exists? Where? Duplicate? Where?

If I can see the art why can't I extract it?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

MM2 does not support artwork in FLAC files, so neither does this script. I think that the new FLAC standards do allow artwork, so MM3 probably will support it and then this script should as well! :)
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

That's good to know. Thanks.
Dez

Post by Dez »

Can't get this working, trying to get art work for over 6,000 dance trax ,all i ever get is

help :cry:
Dez

Post by Dez »

All day trying to get this going ,grrr ..... i get the following error now

update

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you get a "no missing artwork" message then this means that the tracks selected already have artwork. If you get messages about the MSInet component then this means that the DLL used to download the images is failing to be installed automatically. You should do this manually using the windows program "regsvr32".
Dez

Post by Dez »

Over 1,000 tracks have no such album art ,i still get message saying no "album art with missing album art" :-?

is there anything else i can try ,easy mind ? im a bit simple :wink:
would love if juno,discogs, etc was in the search mm uses to search amazon worldwide, is there any simple tutorials ,spent alot of the day here reading various threads ,bogged down with jargon for a noob like me has no chance ..1 step forward 10 steps back

Would really appreciate help here ,this MM is very good BTW