Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:07 pm

I've just noticed that this thread is actually for "AlbumArtTagger" and you're discussing "BatchArtFinder" - a little confusing. Try opening "BatchArtFinder.vbs" in a text editor and finding "Dim Debug : Debug = False" on a line near the top. Change "False" to "True" and try running the script again. Now you should get a file "BatchArtFinder.log" - can you email this to me?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 am

New version (3.9) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to supress the confirmation screen
- Added option to supress unchanged tracks

Let me know what you think! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

sn0skier

Post by sn0skier » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Just wanted to say that this script is amazing.
I spent hours going through my album art trying to find album art that was too small, not thinking that anyone would care about the size of their album art to make a script for it.
But you did!!!
Currently processing 11809 files with no problems, on MM2 running vista...amazing.

----------------
Now playing: Bowery Electric - Back Light
via FoxyTunes
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Awesome, and I love how you have added mm2 and mm3 icons for the respective downloads to your site. Very slick!

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:07 am

Thank you both, I'm glad you like the script and my website too. I went through a number of ideas before I settled on the two icons, but I think it's the most intuitive, I'm glad you like it to. :D

CrazyPierrot

version 3.9

Post by CrazyPierrot » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:33 pm

trixmoto wrote:New version (3.9) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to supress the confirmation screen
- Added option to supress unchanged tracks

Let me know what you think! :)
Hi Trixmoto, I'm new here, but reading this forum I have the feeling your script will help me a lot. So thanks a lot in advance.

Unfortunatly, your web site seems to be down. Is there any alternate download website?

my email: the.crazy.pierrot @ gmail.com

Thanks,
Pierrot

CrazyPierrot

Post by CrazyPierrot » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:02 am

over wrote:Yes, my art appears in MM correctly. It just appears that the tags are not embedded in exacty the same way MM does. It is possible that there is something else going on that I'm not aware of on my end. I appreciate your reply.

I went out and got MP3Tag to do the job 'cuz I was anxious to do it. I used your script to remove the art tags, renamed all of my art to folder.jpg and then had MP3Tag embed the art. It shows the embedded art in iTunes fine. It also shows the art in MM fine. Job done.

Again thanks for your script and reply!
I have the same problem, curiously.

First I chose the function "Embed Artwork (copy from mask to tag)"
It seems to work fine, I confirm to embed the selected files. then went back to MM, cheked album artwork, the new artwork is there, assigned as a front cover, with the "Added by Trixmoto's AlbumArtTagger script" comment. Fine!

Then as Itunes couldn't find the art work , i went back to MM and tried the function "remove artwork (delete from tag)"

Here I saw the art work I just embedded, was not in the tag, but linked to the tag (In tag: 0 - Linked: 1 - Total: 1) ?????

I thought embedding was copying the cover into the file? did I missunderstood?

Thanks in advance for help!
Crazy Pierrot

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Very strange indeed. I'll try to investigate when I get a chance.

sommo

Post by sommo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Thank you for this :)

CrazyPierrot

Post by CrazyPierrot » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 pm

trixmoto wrote:Very strange indeed. I'll try to investigate when I get a chance.
Thanks a lot Trixmoto

fizzjob

Post by fizzjob » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:45 am

trix,

I'm slowly switching all of my embedded artwork to linked artwork (~17,000 files worth), and I'd like to ask a couple things:

1) In the confirmation screen, the default behavior is to check the first track on a given album and "ignore" the rest - unfortunately, I want to extract the artwork and then remove it from all the files in an album, so I have to uncheck and then re-check the top checkbox. I would imagine that I can change the default checkstate for the confirmation window somewhere in the script, right? Could you point me in the right direction?

2) Would it be possible to add an option to extract artwork and then re-embed it? Basically, that would allow me to run options one and two without having to run the script twice, which would certainly speed up my workflow a bit.

Either way, this script (well, all of your scripts, really) is just fantastic. Thanks again!

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 am

1) On line 629 there's an IF statement with "checked" in the condition. Before this you need to set "checked" to be True. At the moment each of the functions returns whether or not the box should be checked by default or not.

2) The trouble with doing this is there'd need to be an option for each combination of options which leads to an exponential number of extra options. Basically it would become a big mess! :)

fizzjob

Post by fizzjob » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am

trixmoto wrote:1) On line 629 there's an IF statement with "checked" in the condition. Before this you need to set "checked" to be True. At the moment each of the functions returns whether or not the box should be checked by default or not.
Ah! So, changing line 861 to read "Dim chk : chk = True" has the desired effect, then.
trixmoto wrote:2) The trouble with doing this is there'd need to be an option for each combination of options which leads to an exponential number of extra options. Basically it would become a big mess! :)
Fair enough. Running the script twice certainly isn't killing me.

Thanks again!

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:02 am

Firsly, thanks for all the amazing scripts.

Please don't take offence at this [and I'll spare you the boredom of a detailed explanation] but...

is it possible to remove the "added by Trix's" comment?

Please?! ':)'

Perhaps coincidentally, I was also wondering the same as Subway:
subway wrote:
The extracted .jpg is much larger that the original. The original file is 500x500 and 39KB. I then Embed it into the mp3 file, and MM shows it as stored in the tag and it's 500x500 and 39KB. But when I extract the artwork, it is 500x500, but the file size is 119KB.

Why does it get bigger? I have the setting set at 100% when extracting.
Just now, I'm wondering if the "added by Trixmoto's AAT script" comment is the reason for the initial threefold increase in file size? What do you think? I'd have no idea; I'm very computer-illerate.

It would explain Subway's situation:
I took the extracted artwork (119KB) and embedded that into the file and then re-extracted it and it also got bigger...but not by much - it's now 125KB. I then took the 125KB file and embedded it and then extracted it and it's now 127KB.

So the original folder.jpg file was 39KB, extracting it made it 119KB, then re-embedding it and re-extracting it made it 125KB. Then doing it again made it 127KB. So each time it seems to get a little larger. But the first time it's the worst, the file size grew 3X as large as the original.
Either way, if you wouldn't mind, please can I remove the "added by" comments. Can photo editing software do that?
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:24 am

The "added by" comment is not in the image file, it is in the MM database file. It can be removed from the script by deleting lines 1032, 1040, 1071 and 1079. The image is bigger when extracted because it is converted, if you want to keep the size the same you can tick the "Extract original image" checkbox.