Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed layout of screen to ensure all options are shown
- Fixed buttons appearing when they shouldn't be
- Fixed error when file mask doesn't contain a path
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

Hi trixmoto.

It would be awesome if 01. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask) could copy to folder.jpg.

Autorenaming would be a great function instead of overwriting.

If extracting from a whole album AAT wants to overwrite the jpg in the folder again & again. It would be great if AAT examined the jpg's to see if they are the same file (maybe analysing the filesize) & ignored the duplicates. This would help with the delete option for 01. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask) which won't delete unless the thumb is overwritten again & again.

Thanks for sharing your work.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure if I understand all of your comments, so I'll try to split them up for clarification.

1) If you want to copy to folder.jpg, use the mask "<path>\folder.jpg" or similar. Unless this isn't working for you?

2) By autorenaming, I assume you mean a different filename for each image? If so, you could try including the <#> mask field, which is the number of the image in the list. There's also <type> for the image type and <rand> if you want a random number. Or did you have something else in mind?

3) My script won't overwrite over and over, it detects duplicates (trying to create the same file multiple times) and will only write the file once.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

Hi trixmoto,

Thanks for the reply.

1) That's a useful tip. I didn't know how to set it up. Thanks.

2) I had an album with an embedded cover.
The album folder also had a folder.jpg.
The embedded cover & folder.jpg were different files.
I wanted to remove the embedded cover from the mp3 files but save it because it was different to folder.jpg.
The embedded cover was not saved. (I was wrong about overwriting. AAT is skipping when autorename would be handy.)

3) It appears duplicates are only characterised by an existing file with the same name? The example above wasn't a duplicate.
Moro

Post by Moro »

Hi trixmoto,

I've just downloaded your script as I want to add my album art to the tags.
Art is currently held as folder.jpg in each album folder.

I've copied some files to a test folder whilst getting to grips with this, folder format is Artist\Album

Album Art Tagger is set to embed artwork (copy from mask to tag) - I:\Test\<artist>\<album>\folder - embed in tag - jpg - Front cover

The problem I'm getting is that in the resulting preview, only some files will be updated, others are in red, File does not exist.
I've narrowed the reason down to the fact that these tracks have brackets () in the tags album name, e.g. 'Black Velvet (Single)'
If I remove the brackets it will function correctly.

Is there a way to get round this, or will I need to carry out some editing to my format?

Many thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Are you saying that the album name in MM does not match the album name in your folder structure? If so, then there's not much my script can do about that. You could try auto-organising in MM so that your folder structure does match, before running the script.
macmcd

Album Art Tagger - Debug Assertion Failed!

Post by macmcd »

I have been using Album Art Tagger to remove linked (rather than embedded) artwork as a result of installing a new version of MM (the "Scan file directories for Artwork" option is selected by default, I wish it wasn't). I ran it against the 60,000 tracks in my library and it identified those tracks with linked art. However, when i set it running to remove the links every now and then I get the following error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: U:\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe
File: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\xstring
Line: 1084

Expression: invalid null pointer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to select "Ignore" (repeatedly) to carry on with the script. It seems that the tracks associated with the error message retain their links leaving with a large number of tracks still to be sorted.

So having reported the bug, I still need to sort the recalcitrant tracks, so I was wondering what is the best way to identify the files that still have linked artwork. I have tried having a look at an Auto playlist (the preferred option) but there are no options relating to artwork.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mac.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Which version of the script are you using? In version 5.2 (the latest) line 1084 is just a case statement.

In terms of how you find those affected, I'm not sure. I think there used to be a script that did this, and I think it was by Bex, but I've not seen him around for ages.
macmcd

Post by macmcd »

Hi,

I am using 5.2 and this error happens hundreds (and I'm not exagerating) when I try and process my library (approximately 60,000 tracks). Is there any other info that could pinpoint the problem. I am using a portable installation on both a Windows 8 laptop and a Windows 7 desktop. It seems to occur on both. I'll run it again on the laptop (I had to abort on the desktop with 8,000 tacks still to tag).

I'm using the options:

05. Remove artwork not matching storage

Embed in tag

with the four tick boxes clear.

Regards,
Mac.
macmcd

Post by macmcd »

Just a follow up. I ran the script again on my Windows 8 laptop with the portable installation of MM and it found no tracks with linked album art. This was strange as I had aborted the script (which closes MM) with over 8,000 tracks still to be tagged. Normally, when I (infrequently) run the script I encounter the same null pointer error referring to line 1084. Doesn't help much.

Regards,
Mac.
Makeetelich

Resizing embedded album art

Post by Makeetelich »

Hi,

I have been playing around with Trixmoto's Album Art Tagger script and think it's amazing. I still face the following issue. All my album art is part of the tag and obviously came in many different (often too large) sizes. My problem is that my Sonos only displays album art in a format if it's not bigger then around 350X350 pixels. Thanks to Trixmoto's script, I manage to extract the artwork and change the size, but it then has become a separate jpg, no longer part of the tag. Unless I do something wrong, I have to put it back manually. Question is, is it not possible to automatically overwrite the album art in the existing tag, after resizing it?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Paul
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great, I'm glad you've found the script useful. This isn't possible at the moment, you'd have to use two separate processes, but I've added it to my list to allow this in the next version.
dwl99

Album Art Tagger problems

Post by dwl99 »

I have Logitech Media Server running on my WD MyBook Live NAS but when it scans my music folders the scan keeps terminating unexpectedly. I think it's because it doesn't like the size of some of the album art embedded in the tags. I've removed all .jpg files from the folders and made sure that there are no duplicate album art files in each tag but the scan still fails. If I use Album Art Tagger to remove all embedded album art in the tags the scan completes successfully. I've tried to use Album Art Tagger to extract & resize the embedded album art in the tags as 500x500 folder.jpg files but nothing happens. My plan was then to delete the embedded album art then re-embed the resized folder.jpg files.

The puzzling thing is Logitech Media Server on my PC will quite happily scan the same music directory with no problems. The server.log and scanner.log files on the NAS do not give any clues about what is going wrong.

I found a program called Sanse MP3 Art Sizer http://hcware.t15.org/mp3art/ but as you'll guess from the name it's only for MP3 files and a lot of my music is flac.

My hope is that I can get Album Art Tagger to extract & resize the album art. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed May 07, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The "extract and resize" option is looking for images that are embedded, if I remember correctly. You might have to first embed all of the artwork, then run the "extract and resize".
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Question!

I have this setting:

However, when I run the script it uses albumartist instead of artist for the filename. What am I doing wrong?