Now playing for Discord

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: Now playing for Discord

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sure let me know when it is ready and I can make MMIP (MediaMonkey Install package)

FYI MM5 uses JS as Scripting and UI is based on chromium so it would be even easier to manage and make if your node is on JS.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dopeman

Post by dopeman »

Stormdancer wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:49 pm I wrote a small script in VBS, for MM, which writes the current song data out into a file.

Then there's a JS bot for Discord that runs via node, which takes that info and sends the info to discord.

The advantage of this was that it worked no matter what you were doing.

However, we've since worked on a system that reads the stream data, and uses THAT to pose the message.

It's still fairly hacky, but we're working on cleaning things up.
Sup stormdancer,

I was wondering if you'd made any progress with this?
I don't mind at all using a hacky script that works in the meantime until a nicely packaged .mmip comes around if you're open to sharing what you're working with currently?
I'd love to see something like this come to fruition and I'm sure others would as well.
ALH

Post by ALH »

dopeman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:41 am
Stormdancer wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:49 pm I wrote a small script in VBS, for MM, which writes the current song data out into a file.

Then there's a JS bot for Discord that runs via node, which takes that info and sends the info to discord.

The advantage of this was that it worked no matter what you were doing.

However, we've since worked on a system that reads the stream data, and uses THAT to pose the message.

It's still fairly hacky, but we're working on cleaning things up.
Sup stormdancer,

I was wondering if you'd made any progress with this?
I don't mind at all using a hacky script that works in the meantime until a nicely packaged .mmip comes around if you're open to sharing what you're working with currently?
I'd love to see something like this come to fruition and I'm sure others would as well.
+1
Been looking for something like this for years, I've seen for other music players but not for this one...
Really hoping this ends up getting released.
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

+1 to get any version of this, however hackery it might be.
Thanks!
Stormdancer

Post by Stormdancer »

Sorry for taking so long to reply, there was a lot of shuffling involved. And also code is never finished, you just decide it works well enough to run. But not so well that you really want anybody else to actually SEE it.

That said, here's the github where all the station stuff is now stored: https://github.com/MikeMcShaffry/kflipcamp
ALH

Post by ALH »

Stormdancer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:48 pm Sorry for taking so long to reply, there was a lot of shuffling involved. And also code is never finished, you just decide it works well enough to run. But not so well that you really want anybody else to actually SEE it.

That said, here's the github where all the station stuff is now stored: https://github.com/MikeMcShaffry/kflipcamp
Appreciate it! But I can't seem to execute it, how does it work?