Import tag info (track titles) from .txt files?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Sometimes I also have this problem but it has always worked on the second attempt, wonder why?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
tinana

Post by tinana »

How funny, I also have this problem with half my files. I'm glad to see that others may've found a work-around. I can't wait to try out this fix at home.
MM Gold/Lifetime member

Post by Guest »

Would it be possible to update so that it is compatable with MM3?

I changed the 1st few lines so that it would be recognized with MM3, but it will not tag files from a taglist. It reports the error that comes up when the number of files does not match the number of tags in the list.

Thanks
sperk

Post by sperk »

I use this script alot. Does it work with MM3?
lrds

Post by lrds »

Yes it works with MM3. You just need to modify the OnStartUp to the code below.

Code: Select all

Sub OnStartUp 
      Dim MenuItem 
      Set MenuItem = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_Tools, 1, -3) 
         MenuItem.Caption = "Auto-Tag from Tag-List..." 
         MenuItem.IconIndex = 26 
         MenuItem.UseScript = Script.ScriptPath 
         MenuItem.OnClickFunc = "TagFromTagList" 
      Set MenuItem = Nothing 
End Sub 

Re: Import tag info (track titles) from .txt files?

Post by Guest »

I can't seem to get this to work. Can anyone help?

Re: Script fixed

Post by Guest »

mjmesiti wrote: So I changed the following line:

TagListLines = Count(TagListContent, Chr(13))

to:

TagListLines = Count(TagListContent, Chr(13)) - 1
I got it to work. I took the - 1 back off that changed line and it worked.
Music_Cat

Post by Music_Cat »

Mine only works with Notepad - not Excel. In Excel it still gives the 'lines don't match' error?
Read through the forum and you'll learn plenty
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Music_Cat wrote:In Excel it still gives the 'lines don't match' error?
If you are using Excel to write a text file of a worksheet containing your intended text lines, I found that Excel puts "double quotes" around any line which contains commas, and that messes with the text pattern that the format strings are looking for.

I do use Excel to write text files for import to a tagging program, and find that I have to go into the written text file using notepad and do a search/replace of the double quote character with nothing.
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Music_Cat

Post by Music_Cat »

Thanks for that info!

Read through the forum and you'll learn plenty
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

As an update to my previous, I was using Excel to save a file as "Text File (MSDOS)(.txt)". It appears that when saving from Excel as "Unicode text (.txt)", Excel does not embed stray double quotes.
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.

Post by Guest »

MattTown wrote:As an update to my previous, I was using Excel to save a file as "Text File (MSDOS)(.txt)". It appears that when saving from Excel as "Unicode text (.txt)", Excel does not embed stray double quotes.
I dis assume that - thanks.... :D
deeznudts

Post by deeznudts »

Wow I've been looking for something like this for forever! Thank you so much resume man. If he can't do I don't know who can.
spencoid

Post by spencoid »

i am trying to add txt tags to midi files. i wrote a program that creates .txt files for each entry in a tab delimited text file. i can make this more generally useful and available to others if another program like this is needed. i also have programs that dump text events from meta data in .mid files which is how i create the tabbed text file.

i am using the txt importer script but all i get imported is the title, none of the other tags. i read somewhere about needing to use the script name but can not find documentation on what the script names are for the common fields. here is an example of the text in one of my .txt files that does not work. i am using UTF8 encoding. might that be the problem?
Filename=D01028
Title=Cheek to Cheek, Isn't this a Lovely Day
Composer=Berlin
Artist=Carroll, Adam
Album=Duo-Art
spencoid

Post by spencoid »

I got a private message reply from trixmoto that solves this problem so I am sharing it here. There needs to be an exact match between the tag filed name and the entry in the txt file. It is apparently the field name in the sql database that is needed which can be different from the display name in MediaMonkey. To display the name of the album, you need to use "AlbumName" not album. Artist is ArtistName. Composer is "Author" The ones that displayed without problems were the ones that were named more obviously such as Genre for genre and Comment for comment. There is a list that shows the field names but to really understand how it works, you probably need to correlate the field name with the display name. I have not looked but this might be found in the mediamonkey.ini file?? http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/SDBSongData