Browse By Art 4.9 [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Investor

Post by Investor »

Version 1.2beta

Immediately after opening MM, I get an error:

Error~424
Object required 'outimg'
Line: 304
Col: 8

This is probably because 'artwork' folder hasn't been created yet under 'Auto' folder.

Cleared this error and continued (nevertheless), but 5 minutes later - no luck with caching. So closed MM. Received Com Server Warning.

Checked Explorer. 'artwork' folder had been created but only loading.htm (size 1kb) was present.

Re-opened MM. This time processing was audible. No runtime errors. Caching took 140 seconds approx. Slower? Thumbnail Images now copied in Explorer.

Clicked on an image after loading and all was fine in connecting to album.

Clicked on Artwork node again and recieved the same error as previous version:

Error#- 2147024726

Same code as before. (Line 248)

The Activex prompt, at this point, lost focus. As did MM. So forced to Ctrl-Alt-Del MM.

Re-opened MM (as a test)

Clicked on Artwork node. Gave permission and browse window showed 'Caching...', when I expected 'Updating' or 'Loading'. Images still loaded, though, in approx 100 seconds. A little quicker.

Clicked away and then back to Artwork node, but still received:

Error#- 2147024726

That's as far as I can get, without going round in circles.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Using the installer would fix most of these problems as it creates the folder. However, there is also code that should create the folder if it's not - I will double check this to make sure it works in the next version.

The caching is done each time you open MM. This is not necessary if you only use MM to edit the tags, but as most people use at least one other program this is necessary. I will add an option so you can disable this in the next version.

You are still receiving the same error when using the node more than once? Does this happen for other people too?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Testing version 1.2
After 5 min of catching, it dies with an error in line 215 "invalid procedure call".

Thanks
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

trixmoto wrote:So you want to be able to select an artist and see all of the albums by that artist?
The 1310 files in \auto\artwork bit 'heavy'. Maybe a 'scan only one subfolder deep' at the time would improve overall performance, and ease of 'finding things'
trixmoto wrote:Are you using version 1.2 - do you like the improved speed?
I just installed v1.2, and I'm amazed. 1300+ albums show in about 3 seconds. Cool!! Huge progress!!
smiller

Post by smiller »

When using version 1.2 (installed using the .exe installer) I receive the following IE Script Error when clicking on the Artwork node:

Line: 6
Char: 3
Error: ActiveX component can't create object: SongsDB.SDBApplication
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\artwork\loading.htm

No log file is created.
Last edited by smiller on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

@smiller

Check that 'Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe' is set to (at least) prompt.

Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Security tab.

Select Local intranet and click on 'Custom Level....'
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I were just in the 'don't know what to listen to' mood, and browsing the art like this is pretty useful. Found an album I had forgotten about, which I would not normally find using text browsing. Enjoying this album at the moment. Good stuff.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@urlwolf - if you email me the logfile I can find out what went wrong.

@smiller - guest is correct, internet explorer is blocking the script from accessing MM.

@diddeleedoo - glad you are liking the script. The next version will be much more customisable.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
smiller

Post by smiller »

trixmoto wrote:@smiller - guest is correct, internet explorer is blocking the script from accessing MM.
That's what I initially thought too... but 'Initialize any script ActiveX controls not marked as safe' is set to enable in all zones, and all other ActiveX/script-related settings are set at either 'enable' or 'prompt'... none are disabled. Also all file permissions for the 'loading.htm' file look OK.

I have tried just about every security setting in IE that I can think of, nothing seems to make any diffreence with respect to this problem.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I could be wrong, but your error message reads,
>Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\loading.htm

should be
>Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\artwork\loading.htm

Script should be in
>Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\
folder
smiller

Post by smiller »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:I could be wrong, but your error message reads,
>Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\loading.htm

should be
>Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\artwork\loading.htm
No, you're not wrong, good catch. Looks like the copy of the original error message I posted was incorrect... the path in the real error message is indeed 'Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\artwork\loading.htm'. I fixed my earlier post, and thanks for catching that...

Been playing with this for over an hour now, still get the error message no matter what I do... grrrr... :-?

Post by Guest »

I looked for hours for a solution to get rid of that activeX warning message but there's no way. Possible solution is only use javascript instead of vb but i'm not sure. Hopefully in the future mm can replace the embedded ie webbrowser control. For now this script is useless since it's crashing during the time the message pops up
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if your getting an activex warning it might be the one caused by the secruity update that ms put out last year.

there is a way to turn it off.

but it requires knowledge of what is possible to be done to your computer by outside hackers if you do turn it off.

go to internet options.

pick the security tab i think its that one?

go to the section for enabling activex and make the options
allow activex componets download.

this same trouble has been caused to even ms's applications that use activex plugins to download things. they could not fix the hacker found security hole so they stopped the activex for every thing..

it is only said to be for ie. but windows explorer is also effected. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It is actually the javascript which is causing the warning. The vbscript would as well, but when you click the link it is the javascript which is called first and which triggers the warning.

You can switch off the warnings by setting the scripting options to Enable instead of Prompt in the appropriate zones. This should certainly not take you hours to do.

You'll find that most programs with a webbrowser component use an internet explorer object. It is bad coding practice to develop something which already exists. It's a waste of time duplicating work.

The script will not crash whilst this message is up. If you send me the logfile, maybe I can find out what is actually causing this crash.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Cool script.

Well done Trix. Just discovered that and it gives my Moneky a great banana!!

Welldone. After the initial caching (which can take long...) almost everything is working quite fast (needs about 15 seconds to create the page, i have 9826 albums about 400 have AA)

One suggestion, the created page is huge and is practically imposible to find what are you looking for inside there. Perhaps you can add subndes under the main node (like A, B, C, ...) and display only albums that start with selected letter. This will be quite easy to do...