Browse By Art 4.9 [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you only use MM to modify your artwork then you only ever need to cache once. After that you can switch it off and the script will update the images when you edit the tracks.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Here's a screendump of v2.2, with my current settings. All seems to be good.
Maybe you mean with Artist/Album text included in the page?

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

trixmoto wrote:If you only use MM to modify your artwork then you only ever need to cache once. After that you can switch it off and the script will update the images when you edit the tracks.
Wow!! That made a huge difference. Thanks for making that clear to me. I though caching... was a 'part of the game'

Now I am impressed!... cool. :D
Investor

Post by Investor »

Trixmoto,

Just installed 2.2 and trying out.
Fantastic Script, this. Just gets better and better.

But - "The mysterious case of the disappearing plus sign"

Take a close look at Diddeleedoo's screenshot. It's happening there as well. It's now a random event for me. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes not. On one occasion, the plus sign disappeared without clicking on anything else. This was after the images had loaded when clicking on 'Artwork'.

Could this be an interactive bug in MM?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Investor - I think the bug is definitely within MM itself. Maybe you could send a debug log to the MM team?

@DiddeLeeDoo - the bug I found was a bit bizarre as the code used to work but then stopped working. I have however fixed it for 2.3 and I think it might only happen very occsasionally anyway so you probably won't notice it!
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Investor wrote: Modify DWORD value to 47 (in hex)
You may want to be a little careful there, as I see this modification cancel all "My Computer" security. I've been playing around with my settings, and today got hit by a 'web-bug'(spyware), (10 out of 10 Risk according to Ad-Aware). All values are now back to normal, but the 1201 value is 0 due to this script.
Investor

Post by Investor »

Very valid point, Diddeleedoo. I also noticed that it did that, and only suggested it for people who are comfortable with what they're doing. As is also the case when editing the registry.

In my case, I've actually tightened the security for the zone as it's easier to 'put a name' to the DWORD values from Internet options.

But you're absolutely right. Don't do this unless you know what you're doing.
Investor

Post by Investor »

PS This Microsoft article tells everything needed to know about strengthening the Local Machine zone:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=833633
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you for some really good links Investor! Glad you make this clear!
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Hmm, I really want to have it working, but no dice.
For me, any click on any option on the tree generates an active X warning.

Them, I only see the screen for catching for about 5 mins (even though there is a huge collection of covers -maybe all I have- already in the artwork directory that the plugin generates...

Any suggestions?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

urlwolf wrote:Any suggestions?
ActiveX warning.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... c&start=53

I found before setting key 1201 to 0 instead of 1, I had to be quick to click 'OK' on this warning, otherwise the script didn't work properly. Without this warning, you may get 'lucky'
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I tried version 2.2 but I got errors (e.g. because of not-existing "artwork" folder). The main node now works good, but when I click a subnode of AlbumArt, the script crashes (it gives errors for everything I want to do with it).
(also installed with installer, but didn't change anything)
So, I'm waiting for version 2.3.... :) that hopefully solves this.
Of course, you can PM me if you need to know the exact errors. (I temporarily disabled the script)

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I had some similar problem, but found by cleaning up Album Titles starting with " ( [ fixed the problem. I do not mind doing this, as it is nice to get rid of these characters in the Album Title anyways. May apply for Artist too.
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:I had some similar problem, but found by cleaning up Album Titles starting with " ( [ fixed the problem. I do not mind doing this, as it is nice to get rid of these characters in the Album Title anyways. May apply for Artist too.
Hmm interesting
Did you do it by hand? is there a 'find and replace' somewhere in MM? I can't find it. If not, do you know of a tagger software that has regular expressions?

I did try it. It didn't fix the problem for me, but I cannot be sure that all the initial funny characters are gone...

Escaping these characters should be doable from the script (I guess)? Maybe in v2.3? Please?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Single quote (') and double quote (") should be caught on the page itself, but it's possible that they need catching elsewhere so I will look into this and hopefully have it fixed for 2.3