WawiMonkey - web interface for MediaMonkey

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Daniel Webb

WawiMonkey - web interface for MediaMonkey

Post by Daniel Webb » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:06 pm

We use BrowseAmp on our office LAN but I only use the mighty MediaMonkey for managing the library. It has been bugging me for a while that all the stats regarding tracks played etc are being lost by using winamp to play our tracks so I messed around with the wawi source code and came up with a MediaMonkey compatible plugin.

I couldn't get hold of the sourcecode for BrowseAmp. Wawi seems fine for now but this is really just a stopgap. I'm more keen on re-implementing the httpq plugin and getting some RESTful AJAX client thing going (Something like AjaxAmpmaybe).

Download WawiMonkey Here.

MediaMonkey is Great. Good work fellas.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:05 pm

Sounds very good, keep up the good work!
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:26 am

Thanks for interesting links!

Makes you wonder if it would be possible to embed Winamp player into the MM interface. I've seen lyrics windows being embedded into MM, so maybe it's possible to embed Winamp too. Then we could enjoy the best of both worlds, MM as Library and Winamp as player.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:57 am

I don't get it. What's so great about the WinAmp player. ie what is MediaMonkey missing?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:21 am

I've seen lyrics windows being embedded into MM
Do you mean my setup, as seen in the Artwork forum? Or has someone else also done this?
Then we could enjoy the best of both worlds, MM as Library and Winamp as player.
That's a bit too optimistic I guess. Only the internal MediaMonkey works good together with MediaMonkey itself.
The winamp player gets only basic support.
But in the next major version of MediaMonkey, the internal player will get a huge amount of improvements, according to the dev's, and maybe that will include that it will be able to be put seperate from the MediaMonkey window, and also on top.

But, to answer to your question: Yes, just like it is possible to embed MiniLyrics, it's possible to embed Winamp.
see: http://home.tiscali.be/ruben.castelein/ ... atedWA.GIF
On the left, you see the internal player. On the right, you see the embedded Winamp player. The red line indicates that Winamp is really part of MediaMonkey, as it gets hidden if the tracklist is a bit over it.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:27 am

ie what is MediaMonkey missing?
Bookmarks, directly open a file, directly add files/folders to the now playing list, play ALL streams no matter if they are from an URL or a playlist file or something else, double size, nicer "built-in visualisation" (sound level indicator), works with all plugins, ...
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:17 am

Steegy wrote:works with all plugins
That is what I find to be the biggest issue, and build the desire to use Winamp instead of MM to avoid MM-compatibility issues.

I find web-control plug-ins most of the time have problems with the MM-playlist.

I wish for a wizz that may be able to create a MM plug-in that simulate a Winamp-playlist, so web-control plug-ins could become 100% compatible with MediaMonkey... or that the MM developers tune the MM player to full Winamp compatibility in regards to external commands to the playlist.

Play-Stop-Pause-Next-Previous and all that seems to work fine, but not the playlist manipulation.

cechmaster

Re: WawiMonkey - web interface for MediaMonkey

Post by cechmaster » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm not trying to be a "noob" or whatever..but I couldn't get it to compile..What did you use? I'm thinking of improving the layout and possibly some functions. Thanks