Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MattK

Post by MattK »

Can you post the half finished version somewhere so that you might be able to get some help?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

last email i had from diddeleedoo was one that said he is still swampped with pre paid orders so he has to get all the pre paid orders out before he can have fun scripting again. :o

that's been about a month ago. so no telling when he will get them finished. but if you prepaid for something wouldn't you want it as fast as possible? :wink:

also diddeleedoo does not part out his scripting he does it all him self.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

So is this going to be updated for MM3? What is the Radio Announcer supposed to do?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

as i said in my previous message diddeleedoo is swamped right now, this is on his plan to update for mm 3 but not until he can get some free time.

the radio annoucer uses the att voice files and will pause the song and state the name of it.

this script works with mm 2.5 just great.
but not yet with mm 3.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
sommo

Re: Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you DiddeLeeDoo, for this addon!
This is one of the reason why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just got email from diddeleedoo he is over his swamped jobs for now.
but in the process of doing so much work he was out of scirpting for mm for too long, said he has done some scripting for mm 3 but found it too full of mistakes for him yet.
so he is still going to wait on doing anything more for mm 3 he is also busy in enjoying his mulitimedia entertainment system now.
he said maybe when mm 3 gets more stable in about a year if ever he might be back to doing something for it then.

so the above tells me,
if this is working for you in mm 3 great, if not you might want to go get big berny's and learn it.

:(
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

That's bad news... But DiddeLeeDoo is completely right when he says that it needs a lot of time to make such a 2.x-script 3.x-compatible. For me it tooks some dozen hours but that's also already some months ago. IMHO MM 3 is quite stable now if you know how it works. But it's also a bit more complex than 2.x.

I really hope that he continues his work sometimes as it's always good to have different scripts do the same but differently...

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
CasualCollector

Post by CasualCollector »

any news?
thx! :)
+ best regards,
cc
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

use big berny's

last email i had with him on monday diddeleedoo said he is now in more work at work since he did good making the scripts for monkey his bosses found out and now he is scripting things they want done for his job, plus hes got troubles of the family kind, she don't want to live there and he don't want to move so its two different ways now. and the house must go.

i now don't think he's going to be back coding for monkey at all if ever, :(
CasualCollector

don't feel to comfortable with BigBerny's Accurate Rating yet ... I may not have the settings put too smart yet, but I feel this one is not really accurately assessing the 'sensible' auto-rating value .. whatever plays for its entire runtime on first play gets 5 Stars ... which i dont necessarily think appropriate, after playing fully for X times, yeah, maybe ...
I have quite a few 5 Star tracks by Berny's script now which I dont really think are among my top faves ... But this may be my fault.
However, with "Auto Rating" it was pretty straightforward. You could say 'attribute X Stars on first full play and Y when skipped at first play' and then increase or decrease in half star steps. Perfect in my view.

*scratching head* maby not the right thread to inquire about this but ... is there a way to emulate that approach with Big Berny's Auto Accurate ..?
Cheers - CasCol
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi CasualCollector,
first: No, my script works completely different than DiddeLeeDoos so you can't emulate his approach.

Some users have the same problem as you with my script when they begin to use it. The reason for this is that you probably have quite a fresh database, right? This means that the playcounters of your songs are low. My script mainly uses the playcounter to calculate the ratings (as it's the most accurate predictor for how much you like a song) so new songs may very quickly get high ratings because with a playcounter of 1 it already belongs to the mots played songs in the library. So my script works much better if your library isn't completely new - as then the differences between the playcounters are bigger.

A little example to demonstrate what I mean: If you have a library where all songs have a playcounter of 0 and you have a song with a playcounter of 1, this is probably the best song of your library at that moment (from mathematical probability view) so it get's five stars. If all songs have a playcounter of 100 and you have a song with a playcounter of 1, it's probably the worst song in your library so it only get's one star. So new songs don't alway get the same rating - it depends on the other songs of the library. You know what I mean? This was a bit simplified because the rating don't only depend on the placounter, but only on how much they were played by day (so that new songs don't have a too high disadvantage), when you played them the last time and how often you skipped them.
By the way: With my script the ratings don't only change when you play them but the script recalulates all the ratings of your library when you start MM or when you click on the star-icon.

So my advice is to wait a bit and look how the ratings get more accurate the more you use MediaMonkey. And select in the options under AutoRateAccurate/Advanced the formula "Big_Berny's Formula v1.5 (less PlayedPerDay-weight)". If you don't like the script after some weeks you always can delete all the autoratings in the options (your manual ratings will stay) and uninstall the script.

If you have any questions let me know. I also could give you other formulas which may work better for you.
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

CasualCollector wrote:don't feel to comfortable with BigBerny's Accurate Rating yet ...
yeah i know what you mean i just never could wrap my self in his way of doing it. was hoping to get
one from diddeleedo but thats not going to work now. atleast the one i use for mm 2.5 of diddeleedo's is working great, my ratings on the jukebox are perfect.

yes big berny i know about the need for long playcounts with your script that does not bother me since i've been playing my jukebox ever day all day for the last 5 years. the playcounts in it are huge.
but thats not the trouble i had with your script it just would not get set right with my way of thinking,

it's most likely cause i can't program and once i understood diddeleedo's script that was locked in my mind on how to do it. and i just feel more at ease working with his way of doing it.

but until someone makes an mm 3 one that works like his then we'll have to use yours if we want to rate them in mm 3.

8)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

rovingcowboy wrote:plus hes got troubles of the family kind, she don't want to live there and he don't want to move so its two different ways now. and the house must go.

i now
I don't think this is information that Diddleedoo would want made public, you might consider removing it.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
CasualCollector

whoa guys :) first of all thanks for all your getting back to me; I didn't really expect that much feedback, so I'm positively flattened :)

Berny: thanks for taking the time to explain the inner workings of your script to me, much appreciated, also your offer to provide a custom formula. Before I go so far to exploit your goodwill at such level :) I'm thinking how about I 'limit' your scripts operative scale by setting the percentage values of it for 4,5 and 5 stars to "0" to begin with? That way I'd make sure that no song becomes a true fave without my manual intervention; I think I can always re-adjust later. Does this sound like a sensible approach to you?

And yes, you're right, my db is rather fresh since I've only very recently begun to binarize my CD collection. Work for a sinner, too.

That GenreFinder your reference in your Footer looks interesting :) I'll have a look at that one too :)

Cheers - cascol :)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, changing the percentage values to 0 is also possible. But IMHO it's not optimal as you have to re-adjust that later as you said.

But I just saw a little 'bug' there so I don't know if it will work with the percentages. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: I fixed the bug. The new version will be released as soon as I have optimized some other little things in this area which may solve the problems with high ratings...