Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 »

Check your Add/Remove programs in Control panel.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Steegy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Steegy »

@Cran and Co:
Only if MiniLyrics' transparency is set to 100% opaque, it can be embedded. So there's no point in placing an opaque window over MM's album art (which can easily be done by changing Embedder.FloatingWindowCaption = "Embedded MiniLyrics" to Embedder.FloatingWindowCaption = "Album-Art" in the script's code).

When MiniLyrics is already embedded (and set to 100% opaque), changing it's transparency doesn't have any effect, either.

Only if someone can point out that problem, what you ask can be done.

A cleaner solution would be to ask Minilyrics for a way to change the background image of the lyrics display, from an external program (e.g. through COM call, EXE call with command line parameter, Windows Message, ...). Maybe this is already possible somehow.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Anjin
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Contact:

Post by Anjin »

I just updated to mm3 gold, and for some reason the embedder doesn't work anymore... i doesn't show any error, there's simply no dock window.
I tried to reinstall it but it didn't help much.
any ideas?
Last edited by Anjin on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 »

Anjin wrote:I just updated to mm3 gold, and for some reason the embedder doesn't work anymore... i doesn't show any error, there's simply no dock window.
I tried to reinstall it but it didn't help much.
any ideas?
Did you enable viewing the panel under "View"?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Anjin
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Contact:

Post by Anjin »

ahh!
obviously not, otherwise it would have worked from the start!
thanks a lot :)
GazzLam

Embeding lyrics in MP3s

Post by GazzLam »

Hi there.... Loving the minilyrics!

I am having a slight problem... that no-one else seems to have.

whenever I try to save the lyrics to a tag (ID3v2 synch, Lyrics3v2 synch, or ID3v2 unsynch) I get a fail message.

It says the file is being used by another process, this is presumably because the file is open (as it's being played).

Any way round this, or did I do something silly?

Since MM has no stop button (and pause doesn't seem to close the file), I've tried playing another song, but then the lyrics change to the new song.

I love the fact that it will save to a file, and I'm really hoping to get this working... please let me know.

Cheers people!
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Embeding lyrics in MP3s

Post by nohitter151 »

GazzLam wrote:Hi there.... Loving the minilyrics!

I am having a slight problem... that no-one else seems to have.

whenever I try to save the lyrics to a tag (ID3v2 synch, Lyrics3v2 synch, or ID3v2 unsynch) I get a fail message.

It says the file is being used by another process, this is presumably because the file is open (as it's being played).

Any way round this, or did I do something silly?

Since MM has no stop button (and pause doesn't seem to close the file), I've tried playing another song, but then the lyrics change to the new song.

I love the fact that it will save to a file, and I'm really hoping to get this working... please let me know.

Cheers people!
If you have the newest version, Minilyrics will save the lyrics to the tag when you play another song automatically. It will still give the error message, but it says it will try to save when another song is played. Also MM does have a stop button:

Image
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GazzLam
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Embeding lyrics in MP3s

Post by GazzLam »

[quote="nohitter151

If you have the newest version, Minilyrics will save the lyrics to the tag when you play another song automatically. It will still give the error message, but it says it will try to save when another song is played. Also MM does have a stop button:

Image[/quote]

Ok, turned on the option to auto-save to mp3...

No errors - interesting....

It has saved lyrics to a couple of MP3s, but doesn't do it to all the ones I play. (not sure which tag version it selected... I chose the 1st two)

....
....
Upon further investigation, it doesn't save them automatically, but it does when I try to save manually - which does produce the same error, but it embeds successfully when I switch MP3s...

I'm using Minilyrics v 5.5.3160

I know there isn't a question in this post... I think i'm just gonna play with it - it also turns out there is a new version, maybe I'll try and get that, and see what happens...

Thanks for your help
Steegy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Embeding lyrics in MP3s

Post by Steegy »

GazzLam wrote:it also turns out there is a new version, maybe I'll try and get that, and see what happens...
Crintsoft website wrote:MiniLyrics 5.6.3363
...
Fixed: Compatible problem with MediaMonkey.
...
Fixed: Save and remove embedded lyrics.
Let's hope. It works fine for me, even using an older version than yours.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
watterman
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:15 am
Contact:

Post by watterman »

Is there any program for automatic downloading .lrc files for my music?
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 »

watterman wrote:Is there any program for automatic downloading .lrc files for my music?
Thats exactly what Minilyrics does.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
watterman
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:15 am
Contact:

Post by watterman »

It dont download lyrics automatic, i have checked "automatic download lyrics" but it only find if song has lyrics, and dont download them, so i must click on "download lyrics->download" for every song in my library... I want something what automatic download .lrc and add them to song... if it is possible. I have only normal text lyrics without timing thx to use iTunes plugins
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 »

watterman wrote:It dont download lyrics automatic, i have checked "automatic download lyrics" but it only find if song has lyrics, and dont download them, so i must click on "download lyrics->download" for every song in my library... I want something what automatic download .lrc and add them to song... if it is possible. I have only normal text lyrics without timing thx to use iTunes plugins
You just have to set your options correctly. Right click, then go to preferences. Under "Lyrics Download", check "Auto Download lyrics" and uncheck "Show lyrics download dialog". It should work for you, since it works for me. Make sure you have the most recent version installed. Besides Minilyrics, I don't know of any programs to auto download .lrc files.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
watterman
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:15 am
Contact:

Post by watterman »

Interesting, for example "Nelly Furtado - Let My Hair Down" when i start play this song, MiniLyrics automatically try to find lyrics, and it find nothing, but when i manually go to : Download Lyrics->and click on online search, then it find some results...

And if MiniLyrics dont find automatically text to song, then it only shows her title in the miniLyrics bar...

i have installed minilyrics from this site
http://www.crintsoft.com/minilyrics.htm
and then 1.4b installer whats in the first post
Fraxav
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Italia
Contact:

Re: Embeding lyrics in MP3s

Post by Fraxav »

nohitter151 wrote:Also MM does have a stop button:

Image
And it's REALLY small! :lol: :D
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Post Reply