Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Kochon

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by Kochon »

(I love ticking apes)

Nothing will show up in the embedded lyrics thing. It's just a blank white space with a titlebar and a "X" to close it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Kochon wrote:(I love ticking apes)

Nothing will show up in the embedded lyrics thing. It's just a blank white space with a titlebar and a "X" to close it.
Is Minilyrics running? Did you even install it? Note that this plugin only installs the embedder for Minilyrics, you still have to go to the Minilyrics website and install Minilyrics itself.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Aff

Post by Aff »

@Kochon: If MiniLyrics is installed, you have to right click in the Embedded Mini Lyrics window and
  • click on Skins and choose e.g. Plain
  • click on Preferences, User Interface, Set opaque percent to 100.
  • disable Always On Top
ntbohl

Post by ntbohl »

I don't mean to hijack this thread if there are unanswered questions, but I haven't found any other forums. This is probably a REALLY stupid question, but I'm trying to link lyrics to a song so, at the end of the day, when I'm playing a song on my ipod, i'll be able to view the lyrics. For the sake of me being a nerd, I'd like this to happen on as many songs as possible. This is possible with mini lyrics, correct? I THINK I've tried everything, but the lyrics tab for all of the songs are blank.

Also, I realize that I haven't really contributed to these forums, so my question doesn't really deserve answering but unfortunately, I have nothing to offer these forums lol. In terms of this topic, I'm dumb. I've turned to media monkey as an alternative to iTunes, which is awful. So any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks, all.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ntbohl wrote:I don't mean to hijack this thread if there are unanswered questions, but I haven't found any other forums. This is probably a REALLY stupid question, but I'm trying to link lyrics to a song so, at the end of the day, when I'm playing a song on my ipod, i'll be able to view the lyrics. For the sake of me being a nerd, I'd like this to happen on as many songs as possible. This is possible with mini lyrics, correct? I THINK I've tried everything, but the lyrics tab for all of the songs are blank.

Also, I realize that I haven't really contributed to these forums, so my question doesn't really deserve answering but unfortunately, I have nothing to offer these forums lol. In terms of this topic, I'm dumb. I've turned to media monkey as an alternative to iTunes, which is awful. So any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks, all.
If all you want is the lyrics in your iPod, then Minilyrics might not be the best option for you. Not to say that it isn't possible -- it is, and lyrics work fine for me and my iPhone. However, Minilyrics is really ideal if you want scrolling lyrics, or what are called synchronized lyrics, basically the words follow along with the song. If that doesn't concern you (and before you start wondering -- no, the lyrics won't scroll along on the iPod, it just doesn't support those type of lyrics) then Minilyrics isn't your best option, there is a script called "Lyricator" that will do what you are looking for much more easily.

If not, then I'll dig up the post where I explained how minilyrics works and the various options you have to configure in order to get regular lyrics in MM and on the ipod.

jonp

Post by jonp »

To view lyrics on my ipod I did the following:
- Install Minlyrics
- Install Embedded Minilyrics
- Configured Minilyrics to automatically download lyrics and save to tag
- Used a preview script (I think it is by Trixmoto) to play songs for about 7 seconds before moving to the next song
- Added all my songs to Playing Now within MediaMonkey
- Pressed play
- A few hours or days later come back and most songs have lyrics added
- The accurately is OK but not 100%

Cheers, Jon
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jonp wrote:To view lyrics on my ipod I did the following:
- Install Minlyrics
- Install Embedded Minilyrics
- Configured Minilyrics to automatically download lyrics and save to tag
- Used a preview script (I think it is by Trixmoto) to play songs for about 7 seconds before moving to the next song
- Added all my songs to Playing Now within MediaMonkey
- Pressed play
- A few hours or days later come back and most songs have lyrics added
- The accurately is OK but not 100%

Cheers, Jon
Right, can do this, but with lyricator the process is much simpler than that.

Also, if you do this with Minilyrics, you have to be sure that you are saving lyrics to the "ID3v2 unsynchronized" lyrics tag and also that you have MediaMonkey's File monitor feature monitoring these tracks, so that it will import the lyrics.

ntbohl

Post by ntbohl »

thank you all for your help. I ended up using lyricator. I am going to keep minilyrics though. it's pretty neat and will come in handy when trying to sing along with songs I'm trying to learn how to play.

thanks again everyone.

Post by Guest »

Aff wrote:@Kochon: If MiniLyrics is installed, you have to right click in the Embedded Mini Lyrics window and
  • disable Always On Top
Minilyrics installed, done everything above, but:
Embedded minilyrics is still a big blank bar...any suggestion? I'm running MM3.2, Minilyrics 6.6.333 on Win 7 64 bit.
xor

Post by xor »

Guest wrote:
Aff wrote:@Kochon: If MiniLyrics is installed, you have to right click in the Embedded Mini Lyrics window and
  • disable Always On Top
Minilyrics installed, done everything above, but:
Embedded minilyrics is still a big blank bar...any suggestion? I'm running MM3.2, Minilyrics 6.6.333 on Win 7 64 bit.
Exactly the same issue here: blank docked windows, can bring up Minilyrics context menu within it, but no lyrics.
Windows 7 Final
Mediamonkey 3.2.0.1294
Minilyrics 6.6.333
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

xor wrote: Exactly the same issue here: blank docked windows, can bring up Minilyrics context menu within it, but no lyrics.
Does the track actually have any lyrics? Did you download any?

beeblebrox42

Post by beeblebrox42 »

Same problem here, it's a blank pane, completely white. I already have the lyrics for most of my songs, and I even tried to force MiniLyrics to update the lyrics from its own database.

As with the above two posters, config is similar:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Latest MediaMonkey and MiniLyrics

Is this a problem with 64-bit Win7 for some godforsaken reason?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

beeblebrox42 wrote:Same problem here, it's a blank pane, completely white. I already have the lyrics for most of my songs, and I even tried to force MiniLyrics to update the lyrics from its own database.

As with the above two posters, config is similar:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Latest MediaMonkey and MiniLyrics

Is this a problem with 64-bit Win7 for some godforsaken reason?
Does the context menu appear if you right click?

Chazcon

Post by Chazcon »

Same issue, and using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
FOR THE VITAE !
beeblebrox42

Post by beeblebrox42 »

nohitter151 wrote: Does the context menu appear if you right click?
Yup, it does.

If i enable the 'Floating lyrics' option, that works fine. But the pane itself is completely blank.

This morning, it started working for a short while. I have no idea what I did while fiddling around with the settings, but something just made it work. I shut down mediamonkey and started it up, and it was blank again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?