Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jquigle1

Re: minilyrics to tag mp3

Post by jquigle1 »

Steegy wrote:Great that you've got it working :D!
i archive my files in wma lossless
This does matter. Minilyrics can only read/write the id3 lyrics tags for mp3 files. (And before you're asking: the ugly Eviltagger alternative also only supports mp3's).
From my personal experience, tagging lyrics for mp3's works great, but unfortunately it's not applicable for you.

You can however just let the program save the lyrics (scrolling and non-scrolling) to separate lyrics files. The only problem with that is that portable players probably can't read these files (but they probably can't read wma's lyrics tags either anyway).
If you are able to properly save the lyrics to the song's Id3 tag on a mp3 file, when you look at the song properties through mediamonkey, should the lyrics (the text) appear in the Lyrics tab?

Thanks!
nohitter151

Re: minilyrics to tag mp3

Post by nohitter151 »

jquigle1 wrote:
Steegy wrote:Great that you've got it working :D!
i archive my files in wma lossless
This does matter. Minilyrics can only read/write the id3 lyrics tags for mp3 files. (And before you're asking: the ugly Eviltagger alternative also only supports mp3's).
From my personal experience, tagging lyrics for mp3's works great, but unfortunately it's not applicable for you.

You can however just let the program save the lyrics (scrolling and non-scrolling) to separate lyrics files. The only problem with that is that portable players probably can't read these files (but they probably can't read wma's lyrics tags either anyway).
If you are able to properly save the lyrics to the song's Id3 tag on a mp3 file, when you look at the song properties through mediamonkey, should the lyrics (the text) appear in the Lyrics tab?

Thanks!
Yes and no, it depends how you configured Minilyrics to save the lyrics tags. MM only reads the ID3v2 unsynced lyrics tag. After Minilyrics tags the file you would have to rescan the file (File > Add/rescan) or make sure that the location of the file has the "Scan continuously" option enabled in MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
mache

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by mache »

Just got this plugin, and yes it's pretty cool, just that I made one silly mistake on the first intallation, I was checking its options and I thought the play and next options where redundant to have it once embed on MM. I saw the X thinking that would close just that part of the ML window, but it closed the whole thing and from then on a nightmare started. Two hours later I fixed it. Reinstalled and installed the two things, ML and the embeder, after deleting every trace they left on. Just uninstalling didnt work, because the preferences were always kept. Whatever, I fixed it. The thing is that after an hour looking for a solution, I was reading this thread, and I look for help on ML page, but the support documentation there is very superficial I think, there are no troubleshoot descriptions. Also the menu organization and commands of ML is really not that friendly, the names of the commands are not that clear, and there is no way to test and undo, if you are the kind of user that adventures into tools freely. Still, I like it, but I decided to stop by to drop a friendly comment to recommend the developers a re evaluation of the distribution/organization/presentation/nomenclature of the commands, plus a a friendlier and easier support page. I know there is a lot of info here on this thread, but then, really, who is going to read 53 pages of comments! Not everone is a MM geek, not that I wouldn't like it, but I don't have much free time and I don't want to spend one afternoon on a plugin... I'm just a simple common user being.
Hope the feedback helps a bit
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello Mache. Minilyrics, and the MediaMonkey script to embed it, are 2 seperate things. Suggestions for MiniLyrics can be sent to http://www.crintsoft.com. Suggestions concerning the embedder can be posted here.

I'm not really sure what happened to you. Either MiniLyrics was closed, or the MiniLyrics Embedder panel in MediaMonkey was hidden. I've changed the first post to make it more clear how to recover in both those cases. Is that what happened and are the instructions/troubleshooting clear/complete enough? If not, do you have a suggestion to improve it?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Willem

Post by Willem »

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question.

I am using Virtual CD and Embedded Minilyrics. When I use a standard mp3 file, everything works fine.
But when I choose Lyrics -> Save Lyrics in Song File... for a song on Virtual CD, I get the following error:
This file doesn't support embedded lyrics.
I suppose this is because Mediamonkey refers to the CD file (.cda) and Minilyrics tries to use this file to save the lyrics to.

Is there a way to make Minilyrics to use the mp3 file on Virtual CD in stead?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Sorry, but no. I don't think the Minilyrics dev had MM Virtual CD in mind when developing the plugin.

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I'm trying to use this, and I think I installed everything correctly, but when I search lyrics and click open, the lyrics panel stays blank. I've tried a selecting a different skin as suggested in the first post with no luck. Any suggestions?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Hi ,

I'm using MiniLyrics with MM4, and it's working OK for MP3s (I want songs to automatically get their lyrics where possible, and save the lyrics in the lyrics tag)

SometimesI have to conduct a search, sometimes I have to save the lyrics, but on the whole it works as hoped, unaided.

THE PROBLEM is with m4a. Whilst it does (usually) automatically get the lyrics, it never embeds them. I read the forum and checked that update files when rescanning is checked, when timestamp changes. I'm playing an m4a right now (Keep a Secret - whitest boy alive). find more from same folder (explore) shows me the timedate stamp has NOT updated, as I suspect for some reason m4a lyrics are not being embedded...

I can't save the file as it's in use and I get the error

Failed to save embedded lyrics, minilyrics will try again later.

(the song's playing in MediaMonkey).

I can pause, wait a sec, then save in minilyrics and I get

embedded lyrics were saved successfully
(when I skip and play another song after manually saving embedded lyrics, THEN the timedate stamp updates and the updated tag info is available in MM)

BUT this is somewhat laborious.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve (apart from converting 7gig of m4a to mp3?!)

Aside from this minor annoyance, I'm loving the tool. I use the Lyrics and comment viewer script to see the lyrics in mediamonkey, and ideally I would hide minilyrics and allow automated getting and saving (embedding) of lyrics to all music.

THANKS
Grateful noob
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

zephyr wrote:
THE PROBLEM is with m4a. Whilst it does (usually) automatically get the lyrics, it never embeds them. I read the forum and checked that update files when rescanning is checked, when timestamp changes. I'm playing an m4a right now (Keep a Secret - whitest boy alive). find more from same folder (explore) shows me the timedate stamp has NOT updated, as I suspect for some reason m4a lyrics are not being embedded...]
Are you using the latest version of Minilyrics that is available? m4a tagging was only added recently as a new feature, previously tagging only worked on mp3 files.

zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Hi, I've just checked and I'm running MiniLyrics 7.5.24 (it says it's up to date) not yet activated (TRIAL)

thanks
Grateful noob
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

zephyr wrote: Aside from this minor annoyance, I'm loving the tool. I use the Lyrics and comment viewer script to see the lyrics in mediamonkey, and ideally I would hide minilyrics and allow automated getting and saving (embedding) of lyrics to all music.
Just noticed this... If you are not using Minilyrics to actually view the lyrics, then why use it at all? You are better off using Lyricator if you are just viewing static lyrics.

zephyr

Post by zephyr »

/thanks. After reading lyricator, and given my (growing) problems I may give it a go/

I was using the comments and lyrics viewer to show the lyrics in an MM panel, and it WAS refreshing unassisted, usually when the lyrics were obtained (via minilyrics) and saved to the tags (does anyone know if this happens when the song ends or ends because you skip to another song? I think I had to manually save lyrics to embed and prompt lyrics viewer to obtain new lyrical tag data.

LATELY, I think lyrics are getting got, and saved to tag (and files in c:\lyrics) but MM isn't showing the lyrics. At all. Minilyric is there, and viewing the lyric tag data via file properties in explorer,for example, confirms lyrics have been written, the time date stamp is reflecting this... but no lyrics.

Any ideas?

Thanks again
Grateful noob
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

zephyr wrote:confirms lyrics have been written, the time date stamp is reflecting this... but no lyrics.

Any ideas?

Thanks again
You need to rescan the files or enable File monitor.

Karoga

Post by Karoga »

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Image
If you don't notice, in the bottom right is my embedded MiniLyrics panel. It's working perfectly, except it's showing as an actually window, i.e.: minimize, exit, maximize buttons, instead of having a clean space showing only the lyrics. Does anyone else have this issue, and how did you fix it?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Karoga wrote:Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Image
If you don't notice, in the bottom right is my embedded MiniLyrics panel. It's working perfectly, except it's showing as an actually window, i.e.: minimize, exit, maximize buttons, instead of having a clean space showing only the lyrics. Does anyone else have this issue, and how did you fix it?
Change the minilyrics skin. You probably have it set to "Windows" or something, I find that "Plain" works/looks best with the embedder.

You change the Minilyrics skin via right-click.