Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: MiniLyrics embedder

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Something went wrong with your MiniLyrics or embedder plugin installation.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
marcelg

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by marcelg »

Hi, anyone found the fix for that?
ajmps

Post by ajmps »

Hi,
Is this thread dead? I too am having the same problem after using this script for years in multiple machines. I have since changed to win 10. Could that have anything to do with the problem?
Thanks.
shand617

Post by shand617 »

I installed Minilyrics and when I start MediaMonkey I get the message "MiniLyric couldn't be embedded. Possible it's window or the embedded window isn't visible"
I press OK and when Media Monkey starts in the VIEW tab is MiniLyrics and when I press it I only get a blank box no lyrics.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
lorie

Post by lorie »

I just reinstalled MM and MiniLyrics due to a hard drive failure. For some time now, I have been getting that same error
"MiniLyric couldn't be embedded. Possible it's window or the embedded window isn't visible"
... but the MiniLyrics window IS embedded, visible and it actually works despite that annoying error message. Has anyone figured out why it is triggered and how to stop it from popping up?

Or failing that, is there any thought of adding the functionality of this plug-in into MM? I LOVE the ease of creating scrolling lyrics and having them be a part of the interface. I also use the floating to have the lyrics off to the side on the second monitor when I am working and don't have the MM window open in front of me. I wish this developer was still working on this...
Fellwalker2000

Post by Fellwalker2000 »

Until the Fall Creators Update, my MediaMonkey (MM) and MiniLyrics (ML) worked fine.
Now they don't.
As above, I had a blank window for MiniLyrics.
Trying to reinstall the embedder 1.4b now gives an error message, as does trying to run MiniLyrics and asking it to launch MediaMonkey.

What I have found by trial and error is that despite it not actually embedding, MiniLyrics can float over the top of Media Monkey; at this moment I have used MM to launch the music from a playlist, but have minimised MM and just have ML floating on top of everything.

This was a wonderful add-on. Regrettably I saved all of the lyrics in separate files, not embedded because that meant my backup was constantly overwriting the full MP3 files as new lyrics were added.
The "Lyrics and Comment viewer" is pathetic by comparison. It relies on lyrics being inside the MP3.
Rouffian

Post by Rouffian »

I have just had a hard time re-installing MM and Minilyrics on a new PC.

Basically I did all of the stuff correctly and then got "Minilyrics can't open the latest skins, please try other skins." and "%program% can't open the latest skins, please try other skins."

After a lot of messing about I found that a good solution was to use Wise uninstaller to uninstall Minilyrics and then re-install it. I didn't need to re-run the embedder.

I just wanted to post that here, in case.

Windows 10 on X64
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

Is there an alternative to MiniLyrics that works well with MediaMonkey? Have you considered building a lyrics display into MediaMonkey?

I've been using this combination for many years. Installation and configuration of MiniLyrics has always been inconsistent and a test of patience, mostly with the embedder, but I eventually get it all working... except lately. New computer (motherboard/processor) and new Windows 10 Home for my home theater, that is fast with lotsa memory and disk space. Worked fine for a few weeks and then I started getting "access violations" and "exception errors" to the point of rendering MediaMonkey unusable. Even after uninstalling MiniLyrics, MediaMonkey was still producing the error messages. Had to manually find and remove any files and references to MiniLyrics. MediaMonkey is back to normal now but without lyrics.

Not too mention their lyrics server has a history of being down half the time. It is down again now. I used to just get a "can't access server" message (or something like that) when downloading or uploading lyric files but now when the server is down, it stalls MiniLyrics on top of MediaMonkey and I have to End Task to close MediaMonkey so I can restart it. And now this week, when checking for a new version, Crintsoft's main website has vanished, which is unusual.

I think another company, Ensoft(?), has a product also called MiniLyrics. I'm confused.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can view Lyrics in the Art & Details window, just enable Lyrics to be shown. There also is: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... nts+viewer

Note that MediaMonkey also has a build in lookup (Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup).
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

Not looking to view static lyrics. Want to display scrolling timed lyrics, like MiniLyrics does.
Me@monkey

Post by Me@monkey »

If you start MediaMonkey in Windows 10 and get the message:

"MiniLyric couldn't be embedded. Possible it's window or the embedded window isn't visible"

but after pressing "OK" MiniLyrics anyhow starts and gets embedded in MediaMonkey, then just follow step 4 from this Crintsoft page and the issue is fixed (at least it is for me)!
Best regards
Me@monkey
========================
Windows 10 Pro
MediaMonkey actual version
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I've had problems getting minilyrics to consistently embed. If Mediamonkey takes a long time to startup I get a window from minilyrics asking what program to startup (even though mediamonkey is already in the process of starting up). I think this is because I used the non-skinned version of mediamonkey. Here is how I solved this:

1. Open minilyrics with mediamonkey already running so that you get to the regular minilyrics window and then right click on it --> preferences --> system tab --> startup sub-tab/button --> uncheck all players
2. Use the following autohotkey script to launch MediaMonkey instead of directly launching it. This will launch MiniLyrics after the Mediamonkey main window opens.

Code: Select all

; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Sometimes Event is better and allows you to add SetKeyDelay [, Delay, PressDuration, Play]
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetTitleMatchMode, 2 ;1-starts with, 2-contains, 3-exact match, RegEx
#SingleInstance Force
; #Persistent

If winexist(" ahk_class TFMainWindow")
{
	WinActivate
}
Else
{
	run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe"
	winwait, ahk_class TFMainWindow
	run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\MiniLyrics\MiniLyrics.exe"
}
Return
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Good point I think That script can be modified to start with delay when https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... :IsRunning is True

For that purpose scripter can use https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... e=SDBTimer to check MMW state and kill timer on True.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Peke wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:50 pm Hi,
Good point I think That script can be modified to start with delay when https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... :IsRunning is True

For that purpose scripter can use https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... e=SDBTimer to check MMW state and kill timer on True.
What I wrote is an autohotkey script. Are you suggesting I could query ISDBApplication::IsRunning from my autohotkey script? Any idea how I could go about doing that? Or were you suggesting that the minilyrics embedded vbs script could be modified?

I would love some help, because I'm still getting problems where mediamonkey doesn't load fast enough for minilyrics, even with the script I wrote, though it is much improved over how it was without the script.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
AlphaUMi

Post by AlphaUMi »

Hey guys,

This post is not about Embedded MiniLyrics, but about MiniLyrics itself. I noticed that with the last MediaMonkey update the plugin just won't load. It seems that the latest MM version broke compatibility with the plugin. Anyone else noticed this?
"Vitam impendere vero"