Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Yup.
Stop Button Freak
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

What would be the use of 3, if there isn't coming a 4? So here it is: first post.

I was able to reproduce your problems, e.g. with a small timer timeout and a big now playing list on startup. The embedding process can now be followed using a debug viewer (entries starting with "MMEMBEDDER: ").
The script will try to embed MiniLyrics (by default) every 0.5 seconds for 20 times, after which it will give an error message and stop trying.
Only if embedding was actually successful, the script will continue, e.g. repositioning and fitting the MiniLyrics window every 1 second (unless you close/hide the embedder window).

An error I made was forgetting that programmatically changing a check on a menu item will also trigger its event.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Cool. I'm out of town at the moment but soon as I get back home I'll give this a try. :D
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Just installed it and loaded MM and it worked perfectly. Will let you know if I run into any other problems.

Thanks again. :D
Stop Button Freak

Post by Guest »

I get the following error when I start up MM with minilyrics

'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host'

What am I doing wrong?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

That must be an indication of connection problems from MiniLyrics. Maybe their server is/was down, your connection is broken (hardware or software), your connection is blocked (e.g. by a firewall), ...
See what MiniLyrics' built-in connection "diagnosis" does.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

I tried the diagnosis and this is the report I get.
17:51:42 MiniLyrics 5.3.2810 for MediaMonkey
17:51:42 Your internet setting:
17:51:42 No Proxy is used.

17:51:42 Starting to test online search...
17:51:42 Online search server is www.viewlyrics.com, port: 1212
17:51:42 Connect to server: www.viewlyrics.com, port: 1212 ...
17:51:42 Succeeded.
17:51:42 Search lyrics artist: testsearch, title: testsearch ...
17:51:52 Search FAILED, Error is: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

It seems to connect. So I'm assuming it's a problem on Minilyrics side.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Their server must be down as I'm having a problem as well and haven't had one up till now.
Stop Button Freak
pitoresco

Post by pitoresco »

This script doesnt work with me.

:-?

I open media monkey, then the mini lyrics and the space to the embedded lyrics open for 1 second and are automaticaly closed after that.

can someone help me?

tks in advance

ps: sorry for my bad english, im from portugal
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Have you gone to View then clicked MiniLyrics Panel?
Stop Button Freak
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Indeed. And here's why this happens:

The MiniLyrics window can only be embedded when the "embedder panel" is visible (otherwise there's nothing to embed the window in).
Therefore, when the script starts (together with MM), the embedder panel will always be visible at first. If it is set not to display (View > MiniLyrics Panel off), it'll hide as soon as the MiniLyrics window is embedded.
pitoresco

Post by pitoresco »

damn, now the embedder panel doesnt appear and i have no mini lyrics panel option in the view menu. :-?
Blake

Post by Blake »

Just a random question..

Is it possible to tell MiniLyrics to Update the lyrics to the tag of the song?

The reason I am asking is because it will be good for searches if I forget the name of the song.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Blake wrote:Is it possible to tell MiniLyrics to Update the lyrics to the tag of the song?
Yes. ML can write about 3 lyrics tag formats, including ID3 unsync'ed (the one that MM shows) and ID3 sync'ed.

@pitoresco: I answered your PM.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Thanks,

I ticked 'Save lyrics into mp3 file' and 'ID3v2 unsynchronized lyrics (support iTunes, WMP)' but they still aren't updating to tags. I even tried restarting MM and viewing the file in properties.