Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Teknojnky wrote:Does the lastest versions of minilyrics still have that pop up nag on start up?

I'm still using 4.6.2280 since that was a last version before I upgraded and started getting nagged every time.
My guess is yes, however I have the registered version so I don't see it anyway and can't tell you for sure.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
docbells

Post by docbells »

nohitter151 wrote:
Do you have the most recent version? The new one waits until the song ends to save into the mp3 tag, this should fix that problem.
Yes - I have the latest version of minilyrics - have tried waiting to the end of the song - no tag saved...
dave777

Post by dave777 »

docbells wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
Do you have the most recent version? The new one waits until the song ends to save into the mp3 tag, this should fix that problem.
Yes - I have the latest version of minilyrics - have tried waiting to the end of the song - no tag saved...
I don't know why, but I have to play the songs twice to have tagged the song. Don't forget to rescan after that!
In my case it works. As I wrote before, it's possible with the Script SongPreviewer to automatically play each Song for example 7 seconds, then I have to play each song a second time (also for about 7 seconds), then rescan and the tags are saved. Hope it helps. Greetz
doctore

Post by doctore »

Hi !
I just installed MediaMonkey ( a friend recommended this program to me ).
Its awesome !!!
I also tried to embed MiniLyrics as described ( with the MiniLyricsEmbedder 1.4 )
Now when I open MM I get en error-message:
"MiniLyrics couldn´t be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn´t visible."

( the same message as Diabolic-Destiny, but without the access violation. )

my versions:
MM 2.5.5.998 unregistered
MiniLyrics 5.5.3160 for Winamp5 unregistered, trial version
( --> maybe that's the problem "...for winamp5" )

Cheers,
doctore
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

MiniLyrics can be installed specificly for MediaMonkey. Try that first.

Does MediaMonkey show the empty "MiniLyrics Embedder" panel?
Does MiniLyrics start fast enough (e.g. within 5 seconds), and do you close the "unregistered notice" dialog soon enough?

If it still doesn't work, please send a debug log (made with DebugView) to me. My Hotmail address can be found in my profile. The debug log should contain MMEMBEDDER entries.

It's always possible that a new MiniLyrics version breaks embedding support. I haven't tested the latest ML yet, but hopefully that's not the case.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but be sure the mini-lyrics panel is checked under the 'View' menu item. :)
Stop Button Freak
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Steegy wrote:MiniLyrics can be installed specificly for MediaMonkey. Try that first.

It's always possible that a new MiniLyrics version breaks embedding support. I haven't tested the latest ML yet, but hopefully that's not the case.
The embedder works with the newest version, I have it installed and it is working fine (for both MM2 and MM3.) I think the problem is that he doesn't have it specifically installed for MediaMonkey.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Steegy,

With the addition of the float player, I think it'd be a nice option if you could toggle the embedder to be 'active' or 'inactive'. I know you can currently disable the embedder from 'View', but then the Minilyrics window is not at all visible.

I'm imagining a situation where you can un-embed Minilyrics and dock it to the float player, then be able to re-embed when I'm viewing MM full screen. Hopefully it is possible!

What do you think?

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I'd rather have that the MM's embedder window can be docked to the floating internal player automatically (by MM), just as it happens with the now playing list.
That wouldn't require any change to the embedder script, plus it would all work completely automatically (including docking and resizing).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

I have finelly converted to mM3 and installed minilyrics and this script. Beautifull!
eiatheplaya

Thanks

Post by eiatheplaya »

This is great, I was just about to uninstall minilyrics because the separate window annoyed me, but you came around and solved it all!

Thanks!
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I get the error message:

minilyrics couldn't be embedded. possibly its window, or the embedder window isn't visible

only when running in non-skinned mode.
I happen to like all my programs looking roughly the same, and see no reason why MM needs to look different. I don't know why, but I really want to run MM in non-skinned mode and still have Minilyrics work. Is there any way to make this happen?

BTW running most up to date MM3 (3.0.0.1105) and minilyrics as of 11/15/07 on Vista business.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... minilyrics

I thought that some people in this forum would be interested in this idea

edit: I just realized that you can make minilyrics transparent. If you can make minilyrics transparent, then you don't need to use the display background picture to display album art like I mention in the other thread, at least not if there was a way to display album art in the embedded panel for minilyrics.
----------
Now playing: Greyboy - See My Eyes
via FoxyTunes
Last edited by sn0skier on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

as I replied on the other thread, I would def be interested in such a cool feature. I think that's a great idea.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

sn0skier wrote:I get the error message:

minilyrics couldn't be embedded. possibly its window, or the embedder window isn't visible

only when running in non-skinned mode.
I got the same problem. The embedder doesn't work with Windows standard theme. Is it possible to fix this?

With skins it works but I would rather use the non-skinned mode as skins don't work properly in my layout.