Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Sblast

Post by Sblast »

How do you uninstall it?! :(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Sblast wrote:How do you uninstall it?! :(
There should be a listing under add/remove programs for the Minilyrics embedder as well as minilyrics.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

watterman wrote:when i start play this song, MiniLyrics automatically try to find lyrics, and it find nothing, but when i manually go to : Download Lyrics->and click on online search, then it find some results...
I had the same problem on a computer with several users. MiniLyrics didn't download the lyrics automatically for a certain user. This could have to do with specific Windows internet settings. I just created a new user and the problem didn't occur anymore.

MiniLyrics doesn't start with MM?

Post by Guest »

I really like the idea of this script - I installed MiniLyrics, and it starts up just fine with WMP, but will not start automatically with MM. I defintely checked for the MM support on installation. Has anyone else run into this?
FEB

Post by FEB »

great script, with two drawbacks as far as I can see.

1 - the nag screen (ok, I could pay for it, but I'm not at all convinced it's worth it)
2 - the lack of lyrics found by default. It seems great if you like mainstream top 40 stuff, but not if you like anything even remotely obscure.

The script itself is lovely, though.
Fraxav

Re: MiniLyrics doesn't start with MM?

Post by Fraxav »

Anonymous wrote:I really like the idea of this script - I installed MiniLyrics, and it starts up just fine with WMP, but will not start automatically with MM. I defintely checked for the MM support on installation. Has anyone else run into this?
When you install ML, you are prompted what media players should be "associated" with ML. Check the MediaMonkey box and MiniLyrics will start with MM (embedded, if you use the embedder). If you missed this step during the installation, just surf in the settings menu (of ML) and you can reassociate MM.

@ FEB: true. Often the lyrics for some song are missing or wrong or have a really bad sync. But the idea is good.

And now, a couple of questions of mine:
- I'm planning to purchase a new generation iPod (the one with the Cover Flow function...) and I was wandering if it has some function that allows you to see the lyrics of the song playing. If yes, with sync or not? I never had an iPod before, so...
- If the iPod has the sync lyrics view function, will I be able to see the synced lyrics added with MiniLyrics?
- And in general...is the "synced lyrics file" that ML saves to the tag of the song compatible with any media player able to show synced lyrics? Or does it work only with MiniLyrics? (i.e. Windows media player can show the lyrics saved in a song, but if the lyrics were synced and saved with ML, would it work anyway?).

Thank you ;)
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nohitter151

Re: MiniLyrics doesn't start with MM?

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:...

And now, a couple of questions of mine:
- I'm planning to purchase a new generation iPod (the one with the Cover Flow function...) and I was wandering if it has some function that allows you to see the lyrics of the song playing. If yes, with sync or not? I never had an iPod before, so...
- If the iPod has the sync lyrics view function, will I be able to see the synced lyrics added with MiniLyrics?
- And in general...is the "synced lyrics file" that ML saves to the tag of the song compatible with any media player able to show synced lyrics? Or does it work only with MiniLyrics? (i.e. Windows media player can show the lyrics saved in a song, but if the lyrics were synced and saved with ML, would it work anyway?).

Thank you ;)
iPods can read id3v2 unsynchronized lyrics (in mp3 tags) natively.

I actually searched long and hard for a way to display lyrics on my iPod, but its only possible with Rockbox (which I believe isn't compatible with newer iPods). I have more information available on the subject at my website and there's a video showing the Rockbox plugin in action.

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Thank you, I'm checking it ;)

In the meantime: I like to have sync lyrics saved in every song. That's ok, I can do it with MiniLyrics. But here comes the question: will the sync lyrics saved in a song show correctly (and unsynchronized, obviously) in an iPod without rockbox or whatever media player without plugins like MiniLyrics? I mean, do the sync lyrics behave like simple text lyrics, when no sync plugin is available?

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:Thank you, I'm checking it ;)

In the meantime: I like to have sync lyrics saved in every song. That's ok, I can do it with MiniLyrics. But here comes the question: will the sync lyrics saved in a song show correctly (and unsynchronized, obviously) in an iPod without rockbox or whatever media player without plugins like MiniLyrics? I mean, do the sync lyrics behave like simple text lyrics, when no sync plugin is available?
No, if you only save id3v2 synchronized lyrics to your song tags, those lyrics will not show in your iPod. If you save both id3v2 synchronized and id3v2 unsynchronized, then they will show in your iPod. The key is that you save to the mp3 tags as id3v2 unsynchronized.

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

nohitter151 wrote:The key is that you save to the mp3 tags as id3v2 unsynchronized.
What do you mean? Should I save only unsync lyrics?

However, if I want to be sure that my lyrics show both in iPod with rockbox and in iPod without rockbox (and/or any media player without sync plugins), I should save both id3v2 synchronized and unsynchronized lyrics to the tag of the song. Right?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:The key is that you save to the mp3 tags as id3v2 unsynchronized.
What do you mean? Should I save only unsync lyrics?

However, if I want to be sure that my lyrics show both in iPod with rockbox and in iPod without rockbox (and/or any media player without sync plugins), I should save both id3v2 synchronized and unsynchronized lyrics to the tag of the song. Right?
Right, save both. I have been saving both to my mp3 tags since I started using Minilyrics to ensure the best compatibility with everything that's out there.

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Ook!
I guess there's no way to have the sync lyrics read like unsync lyrics when there' no plugin available. Is there?
Thank you again anyways ;)

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:Ook!
I guess there's no way to have the sync lyrics read like unsync lyrics when there' no plugin available. Is there?
Thank you again anyways ;)
My pleasure! I love this stuff :)

Puschel

Post by Puschel »

After I have saved lyrics to the tag of a file and rescanned the library, mediamonkey shows that the song only has a length of 25 seconds! The song is about 3:30 and it still plays completely, but even after restart it only shows a lenght of 25 seconds and therefore the progress bar of the player is at the end very quick.
I have encoded all my mp3s to 192KB VBR with the lame codec. don't know what the problem is but I will stop saving lyrics to the tag, damn tool :evil:
Puschel

Post by Puschel »

AND: Mediamonkey now also shows the that the song has a bitrate of about 1500, while the others of that album (that have not minilyric tags) still have about 192.