VB Script Editor?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

die_laffin

VB Script Editor?

Post by die_laffin »

Hi

I'm looking to try some scripting and was just wondering what everyone uses as their editor. Does everyone just use Notepad or something else like VbsEdit etc.
Also any thoughts on the pros/cons of any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

die
Lowlander

Re: VB Script Editor?

Post by Lowlander »

If you want to get into creating Addons for MediaMonkey you should consider doing so for MediaMonkey 5 which will be the next version. It has major changes for a cross-platform future and doesn't use VBScript: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 27&t=81285

Any text editor will do in most cases, but one that can color code is better. Options like TextPad and Notepad++ is what I used in the past.
die_laffin

Post by die_laffin »

Thanks Lowlander, I'll give that a read.

For the moment I'm still running MM4 and will have a mess around with a couple of scripts for that. I'll also try out the latest MM5 to see what you've all been up to!

I'm pretty sure that it's complete overkill, but I've decided to use the free Visual Studio Code from Microsoft. If anyone is interested, it supports many programming languages out of the box, as well as being able to add more via extensions, provides syntax highlighting, autocomplete and IntelliSense. Well worth a look as it's free, has Git integration and versions for Windows, Linux and Mac.

die
JaredPuffin

Post by JaredPuffin »

I agree with the post above. Visual Studio Code is one of the best.