Export/Import Playlists Version 5.4.1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Corpus_Chain

Export/Import Playlists Version 5.4.1

Post by Corpus_Chain »

Hi folks,

I just installed this and I'm baffled. I've read through the site's instructions and am really confused, because it doesn't have a simple step-by step guide. It's very complex.

I have some m3u playlists in a folder on my computer.
I want to import them into media monkey.

I think the key thing that's confusing me is that when I select the operation "Import to Playlist", at no point does it ask me to select an m3u file, so how does the addon know what m3u file to import?

What are the basic steps to import a playlist with this addon?
Lowlander

Re: Export/Import Playlists Version 5.4.1

Post by Lowlander »

Just scan the location with the M3U files (File > Add/Rescan Files) and they'll be added to the Playlists > Imported Playlists node in the Media Tree.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/WebHelp:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I think Corpus_Chain is talking about my enhanced version of the add-on, although I don't know why he didn't ask for my help using my e-mail.

The site instructions in this Forum for the related add-on are not complete, the Usage section of the add-on's web page contains more information, especially the sub-section "How to: Import M3U files". Here is the excerpt from that section that explains what should be done for import:
"After according settings in the Options dialog box you should right-click a folder from My Computer branch of the Media Tree that contains your M3U files, choose the Import M3U Playlists for Child Nodes command in the Export/Import Playlists menu and in its sub-menu select the target playlist in which you want to put your imported playlists (if you want to put them directly on the first level of the Playlists branch then you choose Add to Playlists).

As you could see, there is not any new dialog box where you could specify the source folder which contains your M3U playlist files - you should select that folder in the Media Tree instead.
"

If it is still not clear, I will repeat: you will not be asked to select the M3U file at all, but you need to select the folder containing it in the My Computer node of the Media Tree panel. Please read the Usage section, everything is explained there.

By the way, the next version of the add-on will be a little bit more intuitive in this regard. After you choose the Import M3U Playlists for Child Nodes command, it will show the Select folder dialog box for specifying the folder with M3U files, if you don't have already selected a folder in the My Computer branch.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm Just scan the location with the M3U files (File > Add/Rescan Files) and they'll be added to the Playlists > Imported Playlists node in the Media Tree.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/WebHelp:
But what if you don't have that 'Imported Playlist' node? Because I don't see it anywhere in the tree. And how can you edit a playlist in MM5? If I want to edit the rules for that (smart) playlist for instance....

MediaMonkey, isn't there just an easy option to IMPORT playlists, rather than EXPORT them? I've got the same problem with my .m3u files as well, with my fresh MM5 installation on Windows 10. You developers KNOW MM is user unfriendly as hell, yet you guys still don't want to learn from the thousands and thousands of messages here in the forum. :x Such a shame.

Like this thread:

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3941

Corpus_Chain is right:
"I've read through the site's instructions and am really confused, because it doesn't have a simple step-by step guide. It's very complex."
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MMW 5.0.4.2689-RC-7

It's easy (my configuration):
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. create a path: e.g.: MM5_Playlistimport
3. Copy the exported playlists into there
4. Exit Windows Explorer

5. Open MM5
6. MENU> File... Add/rescan files to the Library
7. Press "Add Locations" and locate the "MM5_Playlistimport" folder
8. Save
9. Point 6 again and press "Scan Now"
10. Then you will find the sub-node "Imported Playlists" in the "Playlists" node
11. From there you can use "Drag&Drop" to move to the "Playlists" node.
12. Then delete playlists via the "Folder" node, e.g.: MM5_Playlistimport

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Okay, that fixed it for now. Thank you for the quick respond.

But how do I edit/change (smart) playlists? If I choose the edit function now, it only opens that playlist on the right side of my screen with all the songs in it, but I'm not looking for that. I want to edit the rules and such.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

But how do I edit/change (smart) playlists?
Unfortunately that does not work. AUTO-PLAYLIST is also exported as a "Static Playlist".m3U and can only be imported again as such.
Never worked in MM4 either!!!

I always take a screenshot for my AUTOPLAYLISTS - with all the criteria and keep this photo.

But maybe the developers will come up with something?
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:40 am
But how do I edit/change (smart) playlists?
Unfortunately that does not work. AUTO-PLAYLIST is also exported as a "Static Playlist".m3U and can only be imported again as such.

I always take a screenshot for my AUTOPLAYLISTS - with all the criteria and keep this photo.

But maybe the developers will come up with something?
Damn that sucks. Can you give this feedback to the developers please?
Does this feature work in MM4 though?
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

The developers read every post. Whatever they do with it then...?
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Export/Import of auto-playlists is possible in MM4 with Restore/Synchronize Database add-on.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Zwezdan Dimitrijević,
You should include a link to your homepage in your signature.
https://zvezdan-d.github.io/MediaMonkeyAddons.html

Greetings, Erwin
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks for the suggestion. The add-on that I mentioned has a link to its Forum thread in my signature. If you click on the download link in the first post of that thread you will open the add-on's web page and on that page you could find a link to the web page of all my add-ons mentioned in the Download section. That has several clicks involved, but who is interested always could find it.