What are your addon Must-Haves?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

drakinite

Re: What are your addon Must-Haves?

Post by drakinite »

You can also set it as a hotkey, under Playing list: Clear :slight_smile:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Backup is not an Addon, but a build in function.
Viper21 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 amThe whole purpose of the addon is to improve user experience by reducing the number of clicks to one.
It's only 2 clicks, but anyone can create an Addon to make this a 1 click action, which this topic is about. You can also do Ctrl+A and Delete.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:23 pm Absolutely MonkeyFlow and MonkeyRok. Both essential (as I've mentioned in other threads).
I wonder how the MonkeyRok addon for MM5 is coming along.
I'm sticking with MM4 until at least some of that functionality is added to MM5. It's too good to lose.
burgesssally787

Post by burgesssally787 »

The scripts I use almost daily
Song Previewer
Calculate Cover Size
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix
:D
"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I haven't used MM for years until the last few weeks as I moved over to Mac.
My most used script was the "Discogs Earliest Date Look Up" script.

I know the main Discogs tagger is going to be a while but just thought I'd mention that one.
sallenmd87

Post by sallenmd87 »

RegExp Find and Replace is an absolute must-have for me. Will NEVER upgrade to MM5 until that is available for it. I use it extensively because I disagree with the naming and tagging conventions used for classical music used by iTunes and Gracenote. I also find Simple Append essential because I use it to add the composer's last name at the front of track titles for classical music.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Having used MM5 a lot more now, I'll add RegExp to the list too. I don't use most of the options but the copy X field to X field is a must. I'm constantly going back to MM4 for that.
wrparks

Post by wrparks »

Add/Remove PlayStat think last version was 1.3.1 allows update to last played and changes play count -- use it all the time in MM4 now incompatible with MM5
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

I will stick with MM4 as long as Magic Nodes is not available.
Also Calculate Cover Size, Add/Remove Playstat and Tagging Inconsistencies are highly appreciated.
Maxpower

Post by Maxpower »

willyvds wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:34 am I will stick with MM4 as long as Magic Nodes is not available.
Also Calculate Cover Size, Add/Remove Playstat and Tagging Inconsistencies are highly appreciated.
^^ This. Just upgraded to v5, uninstalled v4.0 before realising this add-on is no longer supported. :-(

Please can we have this back in v5? Whaaaaaaaa
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Maxpower wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:37 pm
willyvds wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:34 am I will stick with MM4 as long as Magic Nodes is not available.
^^ This. Just upgraded to v5, uninstalled v4.0 before realising this add-on is no longer supported. :-(

Please can we have this back in v5? Whaaaaaaaa
A major strength of MediaMonkey has always been its addons.
But I think it's going to take some time for that to be true for MM5.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
dypsis wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:38 pm A major strength of MediaMonkey has always been its addons.
I really hope that it will not take as long it MM4 got its reputation (15+ years), but much much less time.

I'll take this opportunity to ask if you have seen any feature in MM that was buggy and we have not fixed it fast enough or it broke few times after our initial fix, let us know as for MM5 we are looking ways to publish urgent fixes more quickly than actuall new build/beta release (not all people like to use Beta versions).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
iceblinklk

Post by iceblinklk »

Another vote for Add/Remove Playstat. I'm feeling so disappointed to have installed MM5 and to discover Add/Remove Playstat is no longer available as an addon.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:28 pm Hi,
dypsis wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:38 pm A major strength of MediaMonkey has always been its addons.
I really hope that it will not take as long it MM4 got its reputation (15+ years), but much much less time.
👍
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Not sure if right place to ask for this:

Would like to see Title/Artist/Summary on top of the pop up properties box.

My Scenario is this.
I have a huge collection of DJ mixes that I want to add text or art to.
The text and art is different for every track/mix and comes for various sources, no way to automate it.
The text is too big to go in comment field.
The easiest way to do this is to right click on the track and open the pop up properties box.
I cut and paste the text I want and copy it into the Lyrics field.
Once done I use "previous/next" to go to the next track and paste in the relevant text.
When you are in "basic" page of the properties box you can see what track you are dealing with, when you are in any other page you can not tell what track you are dealing with.
Yes I know its highlighted in the main MM browser but I can not see the browser because its covered with the popup box and my webpages Im copying text/art from.
The properties popup box says "File Properties" (white on orange) on the top of the box, would be great if it could have the current title/artist etc on that line too.
I also use this workflow for adding artwork, same problem.
I use multiple monitors but still don't have space for MM Browser to be visible :)
Pretty niche request I know :)
Even another very small popup box displaying currently highlighted track that I could move around the screen would also solve the problem