PaceMaker in MediaMonkey 4.1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pokeefe0001

PaceMaker in MediaMonkey 4.1

Post by pokeefe0001 »

We use PaceMaker to slow music down when learning dances. PaceMaker 1.2 works fine with a very old MM 2.5.5 but PaceMaker 2.7.3 has problems with MM 4.1.29. I can't actually prove the problem has anything to do with PaceMaker, but when Pacemaker is active MM occasionally just quits. No controlled shutdown as far as I can tell - all MM windows close and the task goes away. Nothing is logged in Windows even log so I don't think this is an execution failure as far as Windows is concerned, but MM is definitely not behaving correctly.

Is this a known problem with either MediaMonkey or PaceMaker?
Is there a way to collect diagnostic information?

And a configuration question:
When PaceMaker is working with Monkey, i.e., when MediaMonkey doesn't crash, it takes up to 20 seconds for a speed or tempo change to take effect. I say somewhere on the web that reducing the "buffer size" could lessen the problem. But there was no mention of what buffer and where the size is changed. Is this a MediaMonkey output buffer? If so, how do I specify the size?
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Peke

Re: PaceMaker in MediaMonkey 4.1

Post by Peke »

pokeefe0001 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:44 pm When PaceMaker is working with Monkey, i.e., when MediaMonkey doesn't crash, it takes up to 20 seconds for a speed or tempo change to take effect. I say somewhere on the web that reducing the "buffer size" could lessen the problem. But there was no mention of what buffer and where the size is changed. Is this a MediaMonkey output buffer? If so, how do I specify the size?
Change Output plugin to WAVE OUT and lower buffer as little as 200ms.

For other behavior please create full debug log and attach it ZIPped to Support ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Thanks. I've now changed to WAVE OUT and found the buffer specification. I'll see how it works.

Regarding collecting diagnostic data, I have no idea how to create the debug log, but I assume it's documented somewhere. I'll look into it soon.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »