First song is skipped - cannot play a selected song

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Darryl_Gittins

First song is skipped - cannot play a selected song

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

When I use the “UPnP/DLNA Renderer” as the Player (I'm streaming to Sonos), MM fails to play the selected song. It tries, then skips to the next song. If I want to play a specific song, I have to attempt to play the previous song, which MM skips, and then plays the song I want to play. When this happens, the song that failed to play is greyed out as if it's a dead track. But it's not a dead track because it will play if I attempt to play the previous track.

Weird problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Darryl
Lowlander

Re: First song is skipped - cannot play a selected song

Post by Lowlander »

In this case an update to MediaMonkey 5 is recommended and if the problem still occurs it can be troubleshot with that version.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Thanks but MM5 is a no-go for me. I far prefer the old UI with all of the addons that I'm used to using. Magic nodes is one I can't live without. MM5 is a beautiful UI but it's too drastic of a change. It's not MM anymore to me.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Darryl_Gittins wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:13 pm Thanks but MM5 is a no-go for me. I far prefer the old UI with all of the addons that I'm used to using. Magic nodes is one I can't live without. MM5 is a beautiful UI but it's too drastic of a change. It's not MM anymore to me.
Except Magic nodes MM5 can look exactly like MM4 See user post viewtopic.php?p=487410#p487410 where he compared MM4 with MM5. So that is not an excuse anymore.

Also you can copy cusomnodes from samplescripts folder to scripts folder and try it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Interestingly, this happens on both of my Windows 10\MM4 computers.
mkirchner

Post by mkirchner »

I have the same problem, in both MM4 and MM5. This only happens when I am playing (casting) directly on sonos. Usually the 1st song wont play unless I click it multiple times. it also skips songs randomly and greys them out. Sometimes I get a codec error and the playing stops altogether. Please note that in MM4 it happens occasionally. Usually the 1st song and then maybe it will play 20 songs before skipping again. In MM5 it seems to happen way more often. Sometimes it will skip many songs in a row.

It doesnt matter what type of file it is (flac, mp3, mp4.) Has anyone figured out what is going on?