UPnP

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Niche

UPnP

Post by Niche »

Hello,

Please, may I request some help?

I have a NAS drive which I store all my music on.

To access my music and to catalogue my collection I use Music Collector (https://www.collectorz.com/music)
The Music collector links to the Music on my NAS and by clicking on a play button in the database you can choose to play an album or track.

Normally this would open the default media player and play the selection.

Now I would like to take this one step further and use MediaMonkey as my default player and use it to stream UPnP to my music system which is Compatible.

I understand MediaMonkey can do this but I am unable to set up MediaMonkey to do this any advice or directions would be appreciated as I am not technical but can follow instructions.

Thank you in advance,

Mark
Lowlander

Re: UPnP

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Media Servers in MediaMonkey to directly access the DLNA server on the NAS: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ervers/4.0
Niche

Post by Niche »

Thank you for replying.

Please, can you tell me how to do this?

Thank you,

Mark
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Refer to the NAS documentation on how to setup a DLNA server. Then open the Media Server node in MediaMonkey and the server on the NAS should be shown there.
Niche

Post by Niche »

Sorry, that has not worked or I have done something wrong.

I was unable to find the instructions you suggested.

What I want to do is use mediamonkey as my default media player which will send the music I am playing to my Naim Mu-so using UPnP / DLNA.

(https://www.naimaudio.com/mu-so?gclid=E ... gIFXfD_BwE)

I do not want Mediamonkey to access my NAS I want Music collector to do that and forward the selection on to Musicmonkey as the default player and then forwards it on to my mu-so.

Sorry, I am not making myself clear.

Thank you for your help.

Mark
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That would only work if Music Collector features a DLNA Server.

Otherwise just scan the files into MediaMonkey from the File Share on the NAS and use right click on Player in MediaMonkey > Choose Player to select your DLNA client to play to.
Niche

Post by Niche »

Thank you .
yarblockos

Post by yarblockos »

I've installed MM on a laptop which also houses my music files. I want to play them from there across the wifi network to my Naim Uniti Nova. Can anyone guide me re configuration to get this working? (I particularly want to use MM as a media player because the Naim phone app is so poor.)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Beside physically connecting Maim with your PC (SPDIF, Stereo Output, HDMI) if I read correctly, only thing you would need is to install latest MM55 from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d and then on Player Play To icon you should see Naim Uniti Nova as a available device.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
yarblockos

Post by yarblockos »

The Naim player is not physically connected to the laptop but they're both on the same wifi network and can see each other. I do have the latest MM version. I do see it as an available device in Player/Play To. When I try to play a track, it says 'connecting to Uniti Nova' (which is the name of the device on the network) and after a short time says 'The Uniti Nova player is turned off or inaccessible'
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As I said in viewtopic.php?p=490196#p490196 please open support ticket and supply us debug log as described in viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 and we should be able to see what is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts