'last played' off considerably ..

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

'last played' off considerably ..

Post by dtsig »

All times from the dlna server ..
Watched a tv ep that is 44:23 long
Ended at 16:52
Last played shows 16:48

Im pretty sure that it doesn't stream 4 minutes ahead as If i stop the stream during titles say .. it won't update last played.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rivorson

Re: 'last played' off considerably ..

Post by rivorson »

The Last Played timestamp and the play count are updated when the file has been fully sent to the player, and each DLNA player can buffer a different amount of the track. I have a player that buffers the entire track so Last Played is updated very soon after I start playing.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Thanks for that .. but as i mentioned if i stop the play during the play on this player it will not update the last played. This was 4 minutes and seemed like it was off for some reason. Guess the dlna process isn't an exact science <G>.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

If you pause then the player stops reading from the server because the buffer is full. Your buffer must be big enough to hold 4 minutes, so as soon as you get within 4 minutes of the end of the track the player will read to the end of the file and MM counts it as played.

That's a simplistic way to think about it, of course. Files with higher bit rate will fit less playback time into the buffer, and the buffer itself can be limited to either playback duration or file size or both.

DLNA doesn't include any method of letting the server know that playback has finished so MM can only go by the time that the file transfer completed.