Tracks out of order when using MM Android

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MrJamesEMcBride

Tracks out of order when using MM Android

Post by MrJamesEMcBride »

Hello,
I can see the files that I want to play, but they are out of order. Is there something that I need to do with MM Android to make it either use the filename or the ID3 track tag to order the files?

Thanks for the help!
Jim
Lowlander

Re: Tracks out of order when using MM Android

Post by Lowlander »

What are they sorted on? Are all tags (<Album Artist>, <Album>, <Track#> & <Disc#>) correctly tagged? What DLNA Server are you connecting to?
MrJamesEMcBride

Thanks for the response, Lowlander!
I guess that woulda been a good idea for me to state what they ARE sorted on!
They are sorted by song title. I checked to see if they are all properly tagged, and they are.

As for what server I am using, I am a complete newb at working with DLNA.....
there are 2 servers available when I open MM Android, one is a MM server, which is the one I connect to, and the other gives the name of my computer and it has an icon that looks like server box. When I connect to the latter, I see a list of files that I dont even really recognize....I mean, they are music files that I have, but I dont remember ever making that list.
Where would I administer that server from? Where would I find it listed, to either shut it off or change it to what it should be showing?

Thanks for the help!
MrJamesEMcBride

OK, I found that rogue server! Right after I typed the question, it occurred to me that it is likely WIndows Media Player that is doing it, and I was right :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So, you're using MMW server when sorting is incorrect? Which version of MMW are you using and what are you sorting on in MMW itself?
MrJamesEMcBride

OK, this just in from the 'there are no stupid questions, just stupid people' department.......

When I was using MM Android previously, I was going in as UPNP>Music>Location> and then the location of the files on my computer.
THAT was when it was listing the files in order of song name alphabetically.

Now, I go in using Artist and Album name rather than Location.....the files are ordered correctly now.

The only mystery still remaining is, why, when I went in using Location, did the songs get ordered by song name rather than filename? My music all has the this filename format: <Track> - <Song Name>

That doesnt make sense to me......