Multi-disc albums sorted incorrectly

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jessenov

Multi-disc albums sorted incorrectly

Post by jessenov »

MediaMonkey for Android, when playing multi-disc albums, shows tracks in the following order (example with 2 discs):
Disc 1 track 1
Disc 2 track 1
Disc 1 track 2
Disc 2 track 2
instead of expected
Disc 1 track 1
Disc 1 track 2
Disc 2 track 1
Disc 2 track 2

Metadata for Disc# is populated correctly, as verified in multiple tag editors. Searching the web produced evidence of the same problem, but apparently no fix. Could you please look into this. Can upload screenshot if needed - current version of the app, Motorola One 5G Ace phone, Android 10.

I have to add that MMW 5 (current version, just downloaded) shows all these multi-disc albums correctly.
Peke

Re: Multi-disc albums sorted incorrectly

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MMA if tracks are imported correctly should list albums as:

If not something not transferred correctly.

Have you installed latest one from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d ?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jessenov

Re: Multi-disc albums sorted incorrectly

Post by jessenov »

The link provided in the response is for the Beta version of MMW - which, as I said in my post, is working correctly.

My problem is with MMA, which I uninstalled, manually deleted the MediaMonkey folder from the storage (to make sure everything is imported from scratch), installed again from Google Play store, and waited for it to rescan. The same problem persists. I was trying to attach a screenshot (unsuccessfully), showing the 2-disc album - you would readily see that it's totally wrong. We can definitely agree on what should be happening, the problem is that it's not.

Other media players on Android (Foobar and BlackPlayer) are displaying the same albums correctly.
Last edited by jessenov on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.