Default or not

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

Default or not

Post by gordol »

Not sure if this is an MMA or Android issue (Galaxy S20+, Android 11):
Some time ago, prior to the currently installed version I think (1.4.4.0955) whenever MMA would stop playing for any reason, the phone (and thus my smart watch, and all other bluetooth controllers) would default to Pandora as the player. Including the phone's media display showing Pandora - even when it's not running.

There are no settings in Pandora to steal this. I double checked the phone settings and there is nothing specific to cause this, though Pandora was set to be the service used by Google Assistance, I switched that to "nothing", no change.

I wound up having to enable MMA's option to "Always respond to remote buttons", which only partially alleviates this, in that I want the last player used to be defaulted when nothing is playing. Whether that's MMA, Pandora, or Podcast Addict.
Peke

Re: Default or not

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is tricky in Android as there was no clear documentation on how to setup/register default application and only way is to re register app from time to time. My guess is that Pandora app is more aggressive than MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts