REQ: Lockscreen widget + Folder structure [#9169]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

canedha

REQ: Lockscreen widget + Folder structure [#9169]

Post by canedha »

Hi there,

thanks for the amazing piece of work! For a first beta it's already very very good :)

I think you're working on that already but I ask for it anyway :) A nice-to-have would be a lockscreen widget to control the music from there. It's annoying to unlock the phone first an then open the player to control the music. For this widget it would be a great benefit if you can also rate the songs from there :)

Another request would be to play the files from a folder structure (like artists,album etc)

Keep up the good work :)

Best regards,
canedha
rovingcowboy

Re: REQ: Lockscreen widget + Folder structure

Post by rovingcowboy »

canedha wrote:Hi there,

thanks for the amazing piece of work! For a first beta it's already very very good :)

I think you're working on that already but I ask for it anyway :) A nice-to-have would be a lockscreen widget to control the music from there. It's annoying to unlock the phone first an then open the player to control the music. For this widget it would be a great benefit if you can also rate the songs from there :)

Another request would be to play the files from a folder structure (like artists,album etc)

Keep up the good work :)

Best regards,
canedha
There are widgets you can use they show up with mm logo only you just pick the size of one you want, you still have to unlock screen but thats not hard if you only do it when the phone rings. Unless your a telephone operator using this at work. Then when could you hear music with all those calls??
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
canedha

Post by canedha »

As I said I would like to control it without unlocking the screen.. thats the reason for a lockscreen widget!
and sorry i don't get the part with the telephone operator... why would i unlock it only when the phone rings?!? :roll:
the thing is I want to librarize and rate my whole music collection during travel to/from work and if I had to unlock the lockscreen and open the widget (since u cant rate the songs directly in it) for every single song it would really be annoying and a pain in the ass... :wink:
Voganlight

Post by Voganlight »

Lockscreen widgets in ICS and JB only allow pause/play, next and previous buttons. The best solution would probably be an expandable notification that allows adjusting of the rating.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd like a Lockscreen widget too.
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Voganlight wrote:Lockscreen widgets in ICS and JB only allow pause/play, next and previous buttons. The best solution would probably be an expandable notification that allows adjusting of the rating.
PlayerPro Android has a lock screen that allows Rating changes withing Android 4.0.4 (ICS)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

+1 for a lock screen widget.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Does one more voice help?
+1
:D
--
The gpzbc
vksf01

Post by vksf01 »

+1
add another one for me :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Folder browsing is already on To-do
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Looks like a lock screen widget is already on the to-do list as well.
canedha

Post by canedha »

Mizery_Made wrote:Looks like a lock screen widget is already on the to-do list as well.
Hey mizery, that would be great :-)
Where did you get this info? Do you have a link?
Cheers
Buruan

REQ : Add Ratings to 4x2 Widget

Post by Buruan »

This is about the 4x2 screen widget, *NOT* the lock screen widget.

Would be nice to have the 5 star rating show up, and be editable in this particular one.
You still have a lot of real estate left to work with.

Thanks.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
canedha

Re: REQ : Add Ratings to 4x2 Widget

Post by canedha »

+1 second that (see widget thread)
Acemac

Re: REQ : Add Ratings to 4x2 Widget

Post by Acemac »

and me too