Galaxy S3 - Wrongly identifying SD card vs. Phone Memory

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Buruan

Galaxy S3 - Wrongly identifying SD card vs. Phone Memory

Post by Buruan »

The identifcation of the Phone Memory vs. SD card memory is reversed on the S3.
This causes issues with MMW synching.

When I do a USB synch to my S3 without MMA to my SD Card, it identifies the drives correctly and the synch goes through.
However, when I install MMA afterwards, it finds the media, but writes the MMA Database to the Phone Memory rather than the SD card.

Now when reconnecting via USB and MMA installed, the card and phone are flipped in MMW.

Besides this, it would be good to have a way to simply tell MMA where to write its db and tell it what is internal memory and what is SD memory.

Also it would be good to be able to verify what MMA has as either of the memory types, by simply looking at a folder structure below or so.
Currently it tells me INTERNAL vs. EXTERNAL memory in MMA, but I have no way of knowing where these are pointing.
Lowlander

Re: Galaxy S3 - Wrongly identifying SD card vs. Phone Memory

Post by Lowlander »

This happened somewhere during 4.0.7 so make sure you remove the device profiles and have MediaMonkey 4.1 regenerate them. Report back if after this it still happens.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

This happens every time.
I delete the profiles, connect USB, it detects correctly.

Install MMA, have it read all media.

Connect USB again, the profiles are flipped.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then create a debug log (step 4b) with the latest MediaMonkey 4.1 beta (wipe the profiles and let MediaMonkey create them while DBGView is running) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
PGR

Post by PGR »

For what it's worth, I'm having the same kind of issue with MMW 4.0.7.1511 (Gold) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab II with MMA 1.0.1.0087 installed:

MMW lists the SD card as the device memory and the device memory as the SD card when the device is connected via a USB cable. I never synced the Galaxy Tab II with MMW. I simply hooked it up to see if (& how) MMW would recognize it.

I'll add that MMA found and catalogued the audio library on the SD card and seems to play it correctly. That library was copied to the SD card via drag-n-drop in Windows Explorer before I knew there was an Android version of MM.

Pete