"Connecting..." forever!

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

captainmcl

"Connecting..." forever!

Post by captainmcl »

I have spent most of the day trying to get WiFi sync to work. I've had this same problem with both the 1624 and 1625 builds today. I have 102 on my phone.

I have set up and successfully synced my 64GB card in my Samsung Note via WiFi before. Now, though, regardless of how I initialize the sync from the phone (Sync Now button, Menu/Sync Now, Menu/Options/Sync Location, etc.), it just shows the "Connecting..." screen forever. I've accepted the device connection from my laptop a couple of times and it hasn't popped up the other times. :cry: Any ideas??
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA

My environment:
Win8, always latest version/build (or beta version) of MMW
LG V20, Android 8.0, all music/podcasts/audiobooks on 64GB external SD card (which may be the source of half of my problems...), always the latest build of MMA
captainmcl

Re: "Connecting..." forever!

Post by captainmcl »

Wanted to report back on this... In the afternoon it finally moved past the "Connecting..." screen (I don't know what changed to achieve this) and began calculating the sync list. I laid down for a nap and two hours later it had just started downloading songs and was on about 200 of a calculated 6258. It should have been synching a couple hundred at most, so I killed it and confirmed that the songs it was downloading, it was duplicating. Gonna work on it some more this afternoon.
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA

My environment:
Win8, always latest version/build (or beta version) of MMW
LG V20, Android 8.0, all music/podcasts/audiobooks on 64GB external SD card (which may be the source of half of my problems...), always the latest build of MMA
BigInJapan

Re: "Connecting..." forever!

Post by BigInJapan »

I'm having this same problem of it staying on the "Connecting..." screen during WiFi sync. I'm on MMW 1624 and MMA 1.03.0104.

I'll try it again on 1625 when I get some time.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?