[REQ] Auto-Playlist in MMA [#10817]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Re: [REQ] Auto-Playlist in MMA [#10817]

Post by nonob »

Hi,
Hi, I like to know if it is possible to ceate autoplaylist with MMA?
No, but it is coming.., maybe
It cool with Media Monkey for PC to have different autolist to play song with a rating of 4, or 5 star. But i like make the same thing on my android cell , to rate my song, and sync it back to my pc.
You can rate songs on android and sync it to MMW with Mediamonkey Android.

A+ ;)
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
csilvest

Feature Request: Filter By Multiple Critieria [#12204]

Post by csilvest »

I've seen a few suggestions related to this, but nothing that completely covers it, so...

It would be extremely useful if I could choose tracks to play based on multiple criteria, not just one. For example, play all Country music (Genre) from the 1990's (Date). Or play all Rock songs (Genre) with a rating of 4 or higher (rating) from the 1970's (date). Or play all tracks by The Carpenters (artist/album artist) except Christmas tracks (genre). The data is all there so let's put it to good use.

I realize this can be setup ahead of time with auto playlists, but it would great to be able to do it on the fly like this. If I'm away from my MMW when I have a need or desire to do it, I can't - have to wait until I get back to my computer and set that up, and by then I may not need it anymore.

Thoughts?
rusty

Re: Feature Request: Filter By Multiple Critieria

Post by rusty »

We're planning to add support for Auto-playlists to MMA 2.0.
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12204

Thanks!

-Rusty
Biggus_Dickus

[REQ] Smartplaylists

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

I hope creating autoplaylists/smartplaylists with MMA is possible one day.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Carlito17_2000

REQUEST: Autoplaylist- Audio cd and MP3 CD

Post by Carlito17_2000 »

MM4 has an autoplaylist feature which I love! It creates playlist from my highly rates MP3s for me to listen to. This would be great for a car ride ! Please add this feature to the Android app, as I hate making playlists manually. I am so spoiled by MM4!
Coincident

Post by Coincident »

Yeah having auto-playlists in MMA would be a blast! I would pay for MMA Pro to get it.
benfucius

Post by benfucius »

I agree I would love the ability to create AUTO playlists from within MMA. Especially to have them syncable back to MMW v4/v5.
Seanny123

Post by Seanny123 »

Coincident wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 pm Yeah having auto-playlists in MMA would be a blast! I would pay for MMA Pro to get it.
I would also like to pay for this feature!
allzeittechniker

Autoplaylist on android app

Post by allzeittechniker »

It would be great, when you can syncronise the auto playlists from mmw to mma. Beause I think when you sync now the "playlist will be created on mmw and then transfered to the android and mma do not change the playlist anymore automatically. I use the autoplaylist in this case to play every song as often as the other songs. I hope you can understand what I mean :wink:
Greets
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yeah, it would be great if Auto Playlists can be synced two way, but as previously said more on that when MMA 2.0 gets out for testing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
charvine@telus.net

Wishlist: Multiple filters

Post by charvine@telus.net »

I've seen Multiple Filters discussed under other topics but have not found a dedicated topic. I've been a MM user for approx. 20 years and my biggest ongoing disappointment is the inability to apply a second filter after creating a playlist. For example, if I select genre Electronic, I only want to listen to tracks rated 3 stars and up but have to keep skipping lower rated tracks. The ability to apply a second filter to the Now Playing list would be the greatest addition to MMA's functionality in my opinion. Being able to filter by Date/Year Released would also be a great addition.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Wishlist: Multiple filters

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Edit Search or Ctrl + F brings up a search dialogue box in MMW4.

Start by using the drop down at the top to select just Music / Classical / Podcast etc.

Then fill in the Basic fields as required. Add a few levels of sort if needed.

Select all the tracks once you get the sort right then send to Playlist / New Playlist.

Finally sync with the Android device.

Does this then achieve what you want?
Ian Taylor
charvine@telus.net

Post by charvine@telus.net »

No, I am talking about filtering in MMA while away from a computer or Windows.
TheUsualSuspect

Re: Feature Request: Filter By Multiple Critieria

Post by TheUsualSuspect »

I did a search and this—admittedly older—topic was the closest I could find to discussing my question. I created an AutoPlaylist in MMW of songs not played recently (by setting the criteria to last played is greater than 400 days). When I play the song on MMA and then synchronize with MMW, should the last played on MMW be updated? And then should the AutoPlaylist also reflect the new recently played status by being removed? I was hoping that would be the case. If so, does it take some time for the AutoPlaylist to be refreshed, and, if so, can I force a refresh?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that's how it works, which version of MMW are you using?