[REQ] Auto-Playlist in MMA [#10817]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

tindoshox

[REQ] Auto-Playlist in MMA [#10817]

Post by tindoshox »

Is it possible for MMA to have Auto Playlists like MMW? For example I would like a playlist that list songs that haven't been played (played# = 0), whether I create it myself or it's built-in.

PS. Great work on the wireless sync. Works flawlessly for me and I wouldn't mind paying for the functionality.
DocMAX

[Feature request] Auto-Playlists

Post by DocMAX »

Hi,
could you add Auto-Playlists please?
Thx
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
BigInJapan

Re: [Feature request] Auto-Playlists

Post by BigInJapan »

It seems reasonable to assume this will come along eventually. I'm curious how it would be implemented as far sync goes though. Seems tricky. Should an auto playlist created in MMA sync to MMW? If so, just the track list, or the actual conditions? Should be interesting to see.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
rovingcowboy

Re: REQ: Dynamic playlist

Post by rovingcowboy »

Not sure how this would work or if it would at all? If it is done by script in mmw then it can not be dont that way in mma because scripting does not work in Android.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Auto-Playlist in MMA

Post by Lowlander »

bkenobi69

[REQ] MMA auto-playlists

Post by bkenobi69 »

It would be nice to have at least a basic capability to build auto-playlists in MMA at some point. For instance, I want to create a quick list of all rock songs rated 4 or 5 stars but I don't have one in MMW or at least not synced. In reality, I already have this playlist, but that's the type of list that would be nice to be able to construct on the fly.

It's nice to be able to think about feature requests now that all of the major sync and crash related bugs seem resolved at this point (on my config anyway). Thanks for all the hard work!
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stridermonkey

Re: [REQ] MMA auto-playlists

Post by stridermonkey »

I agree, that is a functions I would really like to see soon!! I'd gladly pay for that!!!
heronheart

Req: Basic Autoplaylists

Post by heronheart »

MMA really needs more tools than the search box and the Folders view for finding tracks on the phone, especially given the problem of disappearing transferred playlists. Could we have some basic autoplaylists for things like ratings, date added etc.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusty

Re: [REQ] Auto-Playlist in MMA [#10817]

Post by rusty »

first things first ;-) we've got to get the basics perfected before we move onto this...

-Rusty
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

rusty wrote:first things first ;-) we've got to get the basics perfected before we move onto this...

-Rusty
Understood. It's just that it's really unwieldy to try and find a specific file or group of files if you have a large number on your phone. I can build playlists on MMW and transfer them over but that really only works for tracks that I transfer using MMW and isn't very helpful if I download tracks to my phone via the internet. Even being able to sort by things like date, rating, etc. would be immensely heplful.
rusty

Post by rusty »

heronheart

Post by heronheart »

Thank you.
mcow

Post by mcow »

Even being able to count the tracks on the device. I haven't found a straightforward way of getting that number.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Good point re. # tracks on the device. Added at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11334

-Rusty
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

Smart playlists would really be great. And maybe the option to directly add them to the home screen. It would be an alternative to custom nodes, which I guess is something even further away.