[BUG] MMA 128 cannot wifi sync anymore [#10886]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

[BUG] MMA 128 cannot wifi sync anymore [#10886]

Post by bkenobi69 »

In MMA 127 I was finally getting good results with wifi sync. An update was pushed this morning to 128 and now MMA will send a debug log and then crash no matter how I attempt to wifi sync. I tried sync now on main screen, droid menu button sync now, options select server ext sd card. All result in debug log and crash. MMA does not close, but it does not start syncing. I also tried a fresh install (uninstall, delete int/ext sd card MMA files/directories, reinstall).
This is definitely a regression!
Lowlander

Re: BUG: MMA 128 cannot wifi sync anymore

Post by Lowlander »

It actually works much better for me on 128. Only the first time synced it failed (like I always saw on previous builds), and every sync since has worked as expected (other than Playlist bug and failure to remove Art).

Have you tried restarting the device (something I did after 128 upgrade)?
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I restarted the droid and windows just in case. Like I said, 127 was working very well until this morning when it updated. Are there other files I should delete to make sure I get a completely clean install? Maybe I missed something.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You shouldn't need to delete anything (I didn't).

You can delete the MediaMonkey folders off of the internal and external memory, but this will create a new device profile in MMW.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Yes, I know it will create a new profile, but that will only happen if it doesn't crash in the first place.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

MMA was creating a new profile for the internal card earlier today, but at this point it is not creating anything. I deleted all Droid4 profiles (internal and external SD) and it is not generating a new one at all now. I thought perhaps it could be a problem with the Ext SD card, so I pulled that and tried again. Nope, same error. I reinstalled the Ext SD and it still crashes.

Oh, and when it crashes it is actually closing MMA, so I was incorrect earlier. I know it's uploaded a number of log files, but I don't know if they'll be of help. I can try something to generate a better debug log if someone has an idea.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I tried a USB sync and it did work correctly. I was able to copy all songs to the device and they show up and play in MMA. I then tried a wifi sync again and it failed. As before, I selected android menu->options->select sync server->selected my server->external sd card->"debug logs have been sent" + "Unfortunately, MediaMonkey has stopped."->OK... MMA stayed open this time, but that's all I know.

Just to be clear with my config:
Droid4 ICS 4.0.4
MMA 1.0.4.0128
MMW4.1.0.1638

I was forced to update MMW a couple days back, so perhaps this is a MMW issue? I don't remember at the moment, but I believe I was syncing just fine on this version of MMW and the problem started with MMA 128.
Eisfreak7

Post by Eisfreak7 »

I've got the exact same problem. And also, it seems like mma doesnt save the database anymore. It takes hours until it loads the artists list (when i Synced via cable).
I guess I'll have to downgrade :(

Btw.: Should it be that MMW doesnt recognise the wlan sync and the usb sync as the same device? Is there a walkthrough for this to make MMW understand that its the same?

Edit: I've got a SGS+ (i9001) with inofficial CyanogenMod 10 (by ivendor) running
Last edited by Eisfreak7 on Mon May 20, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

From my experiencing first setting up wifi sync has USB sync see the device as the same.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I uninstalled MMA 128 and installed 127 from the builds thread. Now I can connect to MMW and it doesn't crash. This is definitely an issue for my setup. I'm trying a wifi sync now and will upgrade to 128 after I verify things are working. If it stops again, I don't think there's any doubt that this is a new issue with 128 (though that's already clear in my mind).
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

I have the same problem. If I just click the sync setup option, it crashes and sends a report. There must be around twenty for me by now, since I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted internal and external MM files...

I was having sync issues previous to the 128 build, but at least I could connect.
bettertthan74

Post by bettertthan74 »

Same here. Uninstalled, cleared all the files. Installed 128 and sends logs when I choose either internal or external card. . Media monkey FC's shortly after,

I restored 127 and am able to sync again.

Samung skyrocket running 4.1.2
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

bkenobi69

Re: [BUG] MMA 128 cannot wifi sync anymore [#10886]

Post by bkenobi69 »

I have debug logs from MMW 127 (works) and 129 (fails). Where can I upload them, assuming they would be helpful?
Lowlander

Re: [BUG] MMA 128 cannot wifi sync anymore [#10886]

Post by Lowlander »

bkenobi69 wrote:Where can I upload them
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit

You may want to try with 130 prior to sending logs to make sure it fails too (hopefully it doesn't).