Duplicate playlists after wifi sync [#11376]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

JeffV64

Duplicate playlists after wifi sync [#11376]

Post by JeffV64 »

Hi all,

Last night I was doing a bunch of wifi syncing in order to test how well MMW and MMA were communicating about tag updates. The short answer is that this is going well for me in that tag changes in MMW were perfectly reflected in MMA after the next sync (fully updated MMW and MMA on a Droid Razr M jb 4.1.2).

There was on glich though. As background, all of my playlists are sorted randomly - so every time I sync these should get updated on the phone (since the sort order is different each time). After one of my syncs I ended up with two entries for each playlist. It's like someone "forgot" to delete the old playlists during one of the sync sessions. I tried wifi syncing after noticing this but still had two entries for each playlist after this. This issue may be related to: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11017, which is described as fixed.

Because things are otherwise working well and having just done a full wipe and USB sync a few days ago, I don't want to mess anything up. Is there any harm in manually deleting one of the duplicates?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff
Lowlander

Re: Duplicate playlists after wifi sync

Post by Lowlander »

You can manually delete Playlists on the device. I haven't noticed this on recent builds myself.
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

I don't know why this happened, but I got duplicate playlists because the lists were stored in different locations - MMW is set up to put them in the \Music\ folder, but a there were added to the \Playlists folder. I manually deleted all of my playlists and am resyncing right now.

Jeff
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

aldiablos wrote:If the user syncs over USB & then Wifi or vice-versa, duplicate playlists tend to get created on the tool. I just share with my family and the friend
Yep - just tested again. Even though I have MMW set up to write playlists to Destination Directory = \Music\, instead during wifi sync it is creating a folder called \Playlists and dropping them there.

I have a debug of the last part of this sync (capturing the downloading of the last two songs then the playlist operation) if it will be helpful.

Jeff
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

Just noticed one more odd thing - I have MMW set up to send music to Album Artist - Album Title on the phone, and all of my USB synced music files reflect this. However, my wifi syncd files are placed into Artist\Album Title (or perhaps Album Artist\Album Title).

Jeff
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Jeff,

I just tested MMA 171 / MMW 1664 and couldn't replicate the duplicate playlists in MMA, but did see the dups in the file system. I'm not sure that deleting the old path is necessarily the best idea, but I'm tracking the issue at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11376

As far as seeing files syncing to different paths depending on whether they're synced via USB or WiFi, I don't observe that. Are you certain that this occurs with the latest builds? Any more detail re. how to replicate?

Thanks.

-Rusty
JeffV64

Re: Duplicate playlists after wifi sync [#11376]

Post by JeffV64 »

Hi Rusty,

See post 7 here, with a relevant snip from a debug log: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 53#p375753

Short version is that it looks like the profiles got switched somehow. I had several things going on that a profile switch explains: WMA files were not being converted on download, music was downloaded using a folder structure other than what I specified, and playlists were going to a location other than what I specified. So I think the real issue is why/how the profiles got switched.

The good news is that I did a full wipe of the SD card and reinstalled MMA. Since then have had zero problems.

Jeff