Cannot prevent MMA from playing in my car

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: Cannot prevent MMA from playing in my car

Post by rusty »

I'm still unable to replicate via bluetooth. Will try with a few other head units.

DTSig, I also tried to emulate the issue using 'headphones helper' and both headset and headphones and found that the only time playback was initiated in MMA is if '[x] Press play after opening player' is enabled. How do you trigger the bug using 'headphones helper' ?

-Rusty
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I discovered a setting tonight that may be the issue. The "Remote Controls" checkbox was checked on my phone. I unchecked it, and now MMA seems to behave the way I would expect - MMA does not take over on every selection of BT media on my car radio; when it's checked, it does. So my question is: Is this the expected behavior for that setting? And what does that setting actually do?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Killjoy,

That workaround may solve the issue--but it may break in the next build (it wasn't by design).

Can you (or anyone else experiencing the bug) trigger the bug and then immediately send debug log (via the Options menu) and post the log ID here?

I really want to get this fixed before we release.

Thanks.

-Rusty
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I''ll make myself a note to try and reproduce it.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Very repeatable for me with that setting. Here's the log id JN48DFH7MA
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
thanks for your debug log JN48DFH7MA (Initiation of playback by itself) .

In all log I can see 6 cases when bt device is just connected. Only in last case I can see that after bt device was connected, PLAY_PAUSE command was received, but it happened 50 seconds after it was connected.
So it's look like:
- it's not happening every time
- it's not happening immediately after bt device is connected.

Can you confirm that?
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

It happens all the time with that setting turned on. I had it off, and then turned it on for your test - that would be the last entry in the log. Does that make sense?
mcow

Post by mcow »

See my log PTVQ74718M and report for a symptom like this topic's. Rusty told me in yet another topic to report in this bug about playback randomly starting.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

I think I finally solved this issue to 1.0.5.

Martin
greenblack3000

Post by greenblack3000 »

I am having the same "Issue", actually I like that feature. It is convenient in a way because I always want music to start playing when my Bluetooth connects in my car. If it is not too much to ask for, would it be possible to implement a simple setting to keep this enabled in the new version? Thanks.