MMA does not see MMW UPnP/sync server

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

MMA does not see MMW UPnP/sync server

Post by mcow »

I've had MMW 1692 installed since Feb 7; I installed MMA build 226 on Feb 11 or 12. For the next week, I was able to sync and play UPnP with no problem.
Then on Feb 17, both of these features stopped working: MMA can't see the MMW servers.
I have upgraded to 228 and both problems persist.

MMA sees the UPnP server running on the NAS.
UPnPlay currently sees the MMW UPnP server. When I first was debugging this, this morning, it did not; so I installed MMW debug version: Then UPnPlay did see MMW. I then reinstalled the non-debug version, and it still does.

I just sent two logs: YHSNCA05U6 is the one for wifi sync. 1SUF4S961Y is the one for seeking UPnP server.
Lowlander

Re: MMA does not see MMW UPnP/sync server

Post by Lowlander »

Have you restarted MMW? I saw this on 226 and a restart of MMW and upgrade to 228 resolved it.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

This sounds similar to the issue I've seen for quite some time. Rusty indicated in my situation it was related to the library MMA uses to connect to MMW. If that's the issue, restarting the phone will resolve the issue every time.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p383105
bilbobaglin

Post by bilbobaglin »

I am experiencing the same issue. Restarting the phone does not rectify it either. Fing cannot see the Media Monkey server although it can see everything else on the network. Ports are all open and applications allowed in Kaspersky Security. I'm tearing my hair out here, this has been ongoing since I first upgraded to 4.1 please help. :evil: :cry:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does anything else on the network see the MediaMonkey Server?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

The only time I have found that MMA (and other unpn/dlna devices) can not find MMW is when I have a VPN connection to a client. MMW seems to be shielded at that point for some reason (other things can find the server but .. ). turning off the VPN works then MMA sees mmw fine.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
mcow

Post by mcow »

Sorry to be late responding, I've been away. The problem persisted for two or three days and then stopped being a problem, with no particular troubleshooting on my part.

When it reconnected, all my plays were sync'd properly.

Scratch that. No sooner do I post that it's working that it stops working. No change to MM configuration, or PC configuration; the only updated apps on the tablet since MMA are the recent Google Plus and Gmail updates. But I sync'd successfully yesterday (28 Feb, metadata only) and not since then; and MMA again cannot see the MMW UPnP server.

I'm running MMA build 229, MMW 4.1.0.1692.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi mcow,

Can you please send a debug log of this bug from MMA and MMW? We've improved logging in both MMA (build 233) and MMW (build 1697 from the beta forum) so that this'll hopefully help us solve this once and for all.

note: in MMA, the send logs function has been moved to 'about MediaMonkey'. For MMW, here's how to send a debug log?

Thanks.

-Rusty
mcow

Post by mcow »

OK, done.

MMA logs:
2BNWYRJUGC - Attempt to sync, server not found
86U8M2ZHY0 - Attempt to find MMW upnp server, failed

MMW log submitted with ticket AHA-993734, was active during both MMA activities
mcow

Post by mcow »

As I mentioned at this MMW Beta Forum topic, and in email to Marek, I was able to sync after rebooting the PC and the tablet. The problem may be in whatever is causing that MMW bug, where the DLNA server is not visible after sleep/hibernation.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi mcow,

This issue should be fixed in MMW 4.1.1.1703.
Details at: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11774

Please let me know if you're still experiencing it with the latest MMW/MMA.

Thanks.

-Rusty