Add Year to Home Screen [#11022]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

kiwichick

Add Year to Home Screen [#11022]

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, I've just installed and purchased MMA on my new Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. As usual, with MM products, it rocks!!! I was a bit surprised, however, when I went to personalize the home screen, that Year wasn't available as a category. Would it possible to add this? Cheers :-)
rusty

Re: FEATURE: Add Year to Home Screen

Post by rusty »

Hi,

We hope to add support for additional fields / views / sorting in the next major release.
See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11022 and related entries.

-Rusty
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

rusty wrote:Hi,

We hope to add support for additional fields / views / sorting in the next major release.
See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11022 and related entries.

-Rusty
Sorry Rusty, I don't know how I missed the reply from you. That's great news but I hope it isn't tooooooooo long before it's available :-)
Hewnis

Post by Hewnis »

Hi MM Dev Team.

I do agree that this is a great Media Player and use it on all my devices. Recently also started using the Media Monkey Remote.
However I have updated the Android App MMA Pro but see that this feature regarding adding "Year" to Home screen is still not available.

Please revert and let us know when this will be done by.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hewnis wrote:let us know when this will be done by.
Yes, I too would love to know when??????
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hopefully in 1.2. We're wrapping up 1.1.3 now...

-Rusty
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Thanks Rusty :D
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

So we've gone right past 1.2 onto 1.3 and still no Year on the Home Screen?????
Peke

Post by Peke »

It proved a bit difficult to add so we delayed it till we finish new personalization of home screen.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Kiwichick, sorry about that. The feature has gotten repeatedly pushed because there are a whole bunch of view/sorting-related changes that need to be made and this particular one was lumped into that pile of work.

-Rusty
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

That's a real shame, Rusty. Guess I'll be sticking with manually making Year playlists for now. Hope we don't have to wait even more 'years' before it gets done :wink:
Snofru

Re: Add Year to Home Screen [#11022]

Post by Snofru »

While I also look forward to this feature I would ask you to also make it possible to have "Year (Original)" available at the home screen. In my database this is more important than "Year" as e.g. I like to listen to the music that originally was made in 1985 and not so much when the 20 years-anniversary-remix-issue came out in 2005. Should be optional, though, as not everyone will have his database organized in the same way.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Snofru wrote:While I also look forward to this feature I would ask you to also make it possible to have "Year (Original)" available at the home screen. In my database this is more important than "Year" as e.g. I like to listen to the music that originally was made in 1985 and not so much when the 20 years-anniversary-remix-issue came out in 2005. Should be optional, though, as not everyone will have his database organized in the same way.
Oh I absolutely agree. Good point!!! I find the original year to be far more relevant, too.
Pepi13

Post by Pepi13 »

Hopefully the "year" home screen option will be added in near future; but may I also suggest/request to include a "decade" option?
Might not be too difficult once the 'year' is added?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Pepi13 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:24 pm Hopefully the "year" home screen option will be added in near future; but may I also suggest/request to include a "decade" option?
Might not be too difficult once the 'year' is added?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Considering it's been 6 years since I created this post, I don't see it happening any time soon, unfortunately.