[491] wifi sync'ing with MMW is failing repeatedly

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

[491] wifi sync'ing with MMW is failing repeatedly

Post by mcow »

MMA 1.1.3.491 / ICS 4.2.2
MMW 4.1.9.1764 / windows 7

Log B8Q2SX9JOI

I've been sync'ing successfully for months over wifi with repeated builds. Recently, it stopped succeeding.

The last time metadata was uploaded successfully was Friday (23-Oct). Yesterday and today, I have been trying to sync, with the same software configuration, but I keep getting an error, Sync incomplete / Connection failed! No metadata uploaded. The log above was taken right after an attempt.

The last successful sync, I was prompted to remove four albums that had timed out of the Recently Added list. I said No, continued the sync; then I went to MMW, added one of those albums to a different sync'd playlist, and then sync'd again; the expected three albums were removed. I don't expect that has anything to do with the problem, but it's the only out-of-the-ordinary thing that occurred before failure started.
rusty

Re: [491] wifi sync'ing with MMW is failing repeatedly

Post by rusty »

Hi mcow,

Thanks.

Can you generate a debug log with MMW concurrently with an MMA debug log so that we can see what's happening at the server side? That would give us more information about whether the MMW side actually even saw the incoming connection attempt.

-Rusty
mcow

Post by mcow »

I ran the debug version as you asked and saw there was zero activity on MMW when I tried to sync. I then looked for the UPnP server with MMA and with UPnPlay, and it was not to be seen. I had already restarted MMW once, so I rebooted; now the syncing is fine.

My bad!
Mak Thorpe

Post by Mak Thorpe »

I am reporting this same behavior. I was able to resolve but am reporting FYI- it may provide some clues.

Error: Message " Sync incomplete / Connection failed!" on android phone.

Phone client: MediaMonkey Pro ver 1.1.4.0529

Server Platform/ Environment: 64 bit Win 7 x86

Version/Configuration: 4.1.10 run as administrator, Library shared, but Media server was not running at this time

Odd behavior: Closing down the Media Monkey application, I noticed a second instance that I was unaware that was running. This window refused to maximize or close.

Other possibly unrelated unusual behavior: I had been scanning many old music files some of which were damaged and would not play. Quickly playing next songs, and seeking forward often caused lags in seeks, temporarily unresponsive controls (stop nor slidebar), simultaneous playing of songs before the prior song was stopped.

Resolution of sync problem:
1) use Task manager to stop the wedged Media Monkey instance
2) Restart Media Monkey application