Wont save playlists [#12962]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

blankplanet

Wont save playlists [#12962]

Post by blankplanet »

The issues with the app are getting frigging tiresome. I have an LG3 and every time I restart my phone I lose my playlists. I was ready to buy the full version for PC, but don't trust the programmers for mediamonkey. I know the app was only a few dollars, but it's a lot of profit for MM considering the app is a failure for tons of user.
Erekose

Re: Wont save playlists

Post by Erekose »

My playlists, at least the ones synced, disappears as well and this will happen even without a restart. I have a S5.
rusty

Post by rusty »

If you're using MMA 1.1.3.502 vs MMW 4.1.9, Wi-Fi sync should work flawlessly.

There is however, a bug with USB sync, that results in failed updates to playlists on SD cards for certain devices. We're working on a resolution to this issue, but in the meantime if you use Wi-Fi sync, you should be ok.

-Rusty
rklevy

Post by rklevy »

I'm having the same problem with HTC M8 One....will sync to the phone...playlists show up in Windows Explorer on the SD card and will stick around until I close MMA or restart the phone...then the lists disappear from MMA (usually on re-sync) and are deleted from the playlists folder on the phone.

I AM using a USB connection--MMA Build 502 and MMW Build 1766....Seems to occur on subsequent sync's...the first time it syncs (after deleting all playlists from the phone) all of the playlists come across fine...Also, sometimes, this bug does not delete all playlists after subsequent syncs...it may leave some playlists behind after a sync (i.e. the phone only holds some of the playlists, but not all). Upon re-re-sync, most (but not necessarily all) playlist files return to the phone but the ones which were left behind on previous syncs but which are now present again are out of order when viewed in MMW (SD Card-Playlist) even though they are in order in MMA. This latter problem was reported by me over a year ago as PIO-688-94399. It never has been resolved.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, the Playlist USB sync issue is tracked at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12962 and we're working on it.

Doing a Wi-Fi sync should rectify any playlists that failed to update over a USB sync, but please let me know (with specifics) if that workaround doesn't work for you.

Thanks.

-Rusty
rklevy

Re: Wont save playlists [#12962]

Post by rklevy »

I am aware that the WiFi sync is supposed to work properly. Unfortunately, I am not using WiFi sync which I understand is only fully available using MMA Pro or if I purchase the Wifi Sync package...my trial period has expired. I've won't upgrade to MM Pro until MMA becomes more stable.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rklevy wrote:I am aware that the WiFi sync is supposed to work properly. Unfortunately, I am not using WiFi sync which I understand is only fully available using MMA Pro or if I purchase the Wifi Sync package...my trial period has expired. I've won't upgrade to MM Pro until MMA becomes more stable.
Wifi sync is also unlocked in the beta version of the app on the store.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, MMW Beta 4.1.10.1769 + MMA 1.1.3.508 should resolve the majority of the playlist sync problems you're experiencing. Please let us know if it works for you.

Thanks.

-Rusty
rklevy

Post by rklevy »

I'll download and check out the new beta versions.
rklevy

Post by rklevy »

I have downloaded both the MMW and MMA beta versions as suggested.

I found an interesting problem that you might want to pass on to the developers. There is one playlist which downloads using USB but then deletes itself as the phone finishes it's sync...that is, you can see the particular playlist while in mid-sync but when it finishes, it is deleted.

This same file is re-downloaded flawlessly using WiFi and sticks around when the sync is finished. If I again sync using USB, the playlist again disappears. Re-syncing with WiFi brings it back without a problem. I have reproduced this several times now. I don't know what is strange about this one playlist but it is the same file every time.

Thought you might want to know.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Both MMW and MMA have new betas that should fix Playlist disappearing issues (and SD card sync problems).
rklevy

Post by rklevy »

I'm using Beta 1769 (MMW) and 508 (MMA)--these ARE the latest beta versions in which the bug I noticed is appearing (wifi v. usb). This is not the same issue as playlists missing...it involves only a single file which appears during sync and then is deleted. This problem does not occur using USB. I've been working closely with the developers on debugging these problems so I am already aware of the existing fixes for the playlist missing issue and it has been corrected.
blankplanet

Post by blankplanet »

The problem is that I don't use a computer to sync to. I have a 128gb micro sd filled with music and I never, nor do I want to sync to any other device. I don't have internet and get my music from friends. I just want the paid app to save my playlists. I only use usb for charging my phone.
rklevy

Post by rklevy »

Is there a target date for final release for the fixes in MMW 1769/MMA 508? I don't want to keep loading beta's and RC's to correct the issues relating to syncing but I just had to do that because my 1769 and 508 just expired and I downloaded the new Beta release (MMA 523/MMW 1778). I like to get a stable final version which corrects the sync issues we've been having.

Thanks.
rusty

Post by rusty »

We're hoping to get this released before the holidays. It's a really challenging issue because many of the problems stem from issues with Android's MTP implementation which varies slightly from device to device and a hack that works on one device might not work on another or even break the functionality on another (see more here https://code.google.com/p/android/issue ... 38282#c161 ).

We've been working on this around the clock for the past few weeks and the most recent set of builds include a number of workarounds that improve the situation on most but not all devices. For those devices which still don't communicate up-to-date file information over MTP there can be anomalies such as missing playlist hierarchy, ratings, etc. and the workaround is usually to either:
- reboot the device after the usb sync operation
- wi-fi sync after the usb sync operation

-Rusty