MMA: Pressing Back causes fast-forwarding to get stuck

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

almo9004

MMA: Pressing Back causes fast-forwarding to get stuck

Post by almo9004 »

Using MMA 1.2.0.0618 with Pro license on a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus with CyanogenMod 13.0 (based on Android 6.0.1).
Reproduction steps:
  1. Start playing a song
  2. Press and hold fast-forward or rewind
  3. While pressing, also tap the Android Back button.
  4. Let go of everything.
The Now Playing view will minimize since you pressed the Back button but the song will continue to rewind, eventually showing x5, x10, x30, x60 on screen even though you have let go of all the buttons. Subsequently going back into Now Playing and pausing and starting playing again does not halt the rewinding/fast-forwarding! There is nothing you can do to halt it except kill MMA or restart the phone.

I have been hit by this bug multiple times while at the gym, while listening to an audio book and wanting to rewind a bit. I have the phone in an armband and apparently it can fog up behind the protection plastic and trigger multiple different button taps accidentally that way.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Robert Wilensky, about the Infinite monkey theorem
Lowlander

Re: MMA: Pressing Back causes fast-forwarding to get stuck

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce. The Back button doesn't do anything if pressed when using the rewind/forward buttons. You should send a debug log from MMA right after you experience this and open a support ticket with logID.

Added as: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13603