Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

SeeVee

Re: Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by SeeVee »

not fixed yet. Still no artwork in AA :(
aag

Post by aag »

I don't think there had been an update since AA updated and broke the artwork.
szakes45

MMA Android auto album art issue

Post by szakes45 »

Hi, synced music shows up everything on phone and Google home hub great. Android auto doesn't show art properly. Is their a setting I can fix this or will the fix be in a future update hopefully? Thanks in advance
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

It's being looked at, no ETA.

As you can see earlier in this post, the latest major update to android auto broke the artwork.
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

As an alternative I've been using Google Play. It is now getting the features I wanted but never had until as of late. I know it's not particularly your fault, but the need to keep up with the Jonse's in todays app market is crucial. Hope you guys fix it soon or others may migrate as well.
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

For me at least, Media Monkey Android is far too useful and effective compared to any other media playern, especially when considering how easy it is for me to sync between their fantastic desktop and maintain support for multi-entry tags.

As a basic music player I can see how using Google Play or a similar app could be simpler or in some instances more reliable, but for the detail I put into my music collection (damn OCD) little other than MM fits the bill.

I heard Power Amp Android used to be pretty good but a recent update destroyed it.

MMA is also slowly working towards 2.0 which will significantly overhaul the functionality of the app and make it much more feature rich.

Now with all that being said, I do still agree. Others that aren't as attached as I will be swayed to switch much more easily, and I would really like to see my artwork in my car since I got the thing after the AA update that broke this feature, so I've never seen the artwork before haha.
aag

Post by aag »

Google Play is the least useful player on Android, let alone on Android Auto.

Poweramp *is* pretty good, but their beta of Android Auto is rough for the moment; hopefully will get better with time.

MediaMonkey has *by far* the best alrtist/album navigation on AA, but lacks in anything voice-integration related (fails to find music by voice; when it does find an album, plays it in alphabetical, rather than track order; artwork situation is unfortunate).

I find myself going between MM and BlackPlayer Pro -- the latter being more useful, when I can't select album I want due to AA list size limits, forcing me to use voice. Hoping for a faster MM release cycle.
teejayuu

Android Auto not showing artwork in Honda Civic

Post by teejayuu »

Hello,
I have a bit of a problem with displaying artwork on the main screen of my Honda Civic. The car has Android Auto and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+)is paired with the car.

When I am in Android Auto 'Home' screen I can see the 'silhouette' of the album art. I can also see it if the dashboard display is set to music and also on the main screen of the car if I am in Android Auto sat-nav screen in the banner when the track changes. I cannot, however, see the album artwork if I am in the 'Music' screen in my car. Other players (Amazon Music, the built-in Google option, etc) work fine in Android Auto but I don't want to change from MediaMonkey.

With my phone disconnected from the car I can see the album art when using Android Auto.

Album art is saved as tags in each track.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tony
Peke

Re: Android Auto not showing artwork in Honda Civic

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please take some pictures and attach it here or post links where we can see them?

Make sure you use latest MMA Beta (you can sign yourself as tester in MMA about screen.

HINT: For how to attach images directly in topic you can use tutorial in my signature
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
teejayuu

Re: Android Auto not showing artwork in Honda Civic

Post by teejayuu »

Thanks Peke.
Home Screen: Image
Dashboard: Image
Change Track on Sat-Nav Screen: Image
Music Screen: Image
bunchatunes

Post by bunchatunes »

I would love to be able to access a upnp library from android auto so I am not limited by what I have synced to my phone. I currently use bubbleupnp to connect to my home server. Media monkey can access the library fine on the phone interface but not via auto. Is this the right place for a feature request of this nature?
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

bunchatunes wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:57 pm I would love to be able to access a upnp library from android auto so I am not limited by what I have synced to my phone. I currently use bubbleupnp to connect to my home server. Media monkey can access the library fine on the phone interface but not via auto. Is this the right place for a feature request of this nature?
To make a formal request you should start a new thread detailing this limitation and how you would like it resolved. This thread originally started in response to the artwork no longer worker for Android Auto and is mainly about that

I also would like to add that the screenshots that teejayuu provided mirror my situation exactly as well. The artwork works in the homescreen preview but not the full screen player. I imagine this is how it is for everyone else as well.
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

oblivioncth wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:08 pm I also would like to add that the screenshots that teejayuu provided mirror my situation exactly as well. The artwork works in the homescreen preview but not the full screen player. I imagine this is how it is for everyone else as well.
That is correct, this is my exact issue with MM
souldonut76

Post by souldonut76 »

Any idea when we're going to see the fixes for Android Auto? It's been three months.
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

I would like to know as well, though I know that the team is really focused on getting MMD 5 out of beta at the moment so MMA and even more so the android auto features of it are a bit on the back burner at the moment.

It's likely the artwork issue is fairly straightforward since it's not a random bug and instead just a matter of updating to the new format that auto uses; however, we can't know for sure and the few of us that have noted this issue complaining about it in this thread isn't going to make it get fixed any faster. The team's priorities are very fixed at the moment is my point.

So we can either be assholes and keep bringing up the issue over and over or wait silently until it eventually happens. Right now I'm in the latter camp but will admit that as time keeps dragging on I'm very slowly beginning to feel like switching :-?