Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

SeeVee

Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by SeeVee »

The album art no longer shows on the car screen in android auto when in the mediamonkey app.
Binary07

Re: Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by Binary07 »

I am having the same issue. Seems to have started with the latest Android Auto update. Other media players are showing album art properly.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Looks like Google changed many things in AA. We are investigating the changes.

Some info on change can be read here https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/181 ... istraction
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
aag

Artwork fails in Android Auto

Post by aag »

Hi,

After trying a good 6-10 apps, I'm finding MMA the only app even remotely usable with Android Auto. There is room for improvement, but it is heads and shoulders ahead of anyone else -- great job, guys!

Two things bother me:
- No artwork is shown on the car's screen. The music was synced to the phone using MMW, and artwork is visible in the app / on the phone. I've seen screenshots where an artwork is present, so not sure what is it I'm doing that's causing the problem.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to easily use voice control. Sure, something like "Play Jethro Tull's Aqualung with Media Monkey" seems to work, about 50% of a time, with the rest Assistant trying to make "Media Monkey" part of the title, and land me in Google Play Music or YouTube music. But even when it works, I end up on the relevant track, not relevant album.
Is there a plan for MMA to be recognized by Google Assistant as a Music service provider?

Thanks!
souldonut76

Post by souldonut76 »

Seeing the same issue with no images. AA did change the artwork format, it should now show a small full version of the art with the larger blurred version in the background as before. Looks nice, in the apps that have gotten it to work.
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Got same issue with Nokia 8, Android 8.1, Opel/Vauxhall '17 IntelliLink 900 and newest MMA Beta.

-best regards-
elcapitan

Post by elcapitan »

Can only echo the above. Love MMA but there's a few small things that really hold it back

-lack of album title in now playing pane

-lack of ability to add things to now playing list or even more basically the lack of ability to play all albums by one artist in the proper album order. I've never met anyone who listens to music alphabetically.

-missing album art

-only shows a few artists when searching by artist name before a message says you have to use voice search. This is the sort of thing that drives you to pick the phone up to use the more functional phone app to search.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is already addressed in MMA 2.0 and when it gets available for testing please let us know then what you are missing.
Best regards,
Peke
Rage

Post by Rage »

HI,

Very interested on improvements for regressions listed above.

When will MMA 2.0 be available on android please ?

Best regards
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
as SOON© as it is ready. I've seen/tested UI changes and they look amazing.
Best regards,
Peke
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:52 pm Hi,
This is already addressed in MMA 2.0 and when it gets available for testing please let us know then what you are missing.
So are you saying that the new bug for no album art on Android Auto (just got AA working in my car for the first time today and also had no album art) won't even be considered for a fix until 2.0 drops? I've seen posts
of people asking when 2.0 will drop from over a year ago so it could still be quite a while. No album art isn't the biggest deal but its definitely annoying as the interface is much nicer with the art in the screenshots I've seen from when it was working.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I was talking per track Album art that is addressed in MM2.0 due the fact that MMA 1.x is designed to use Album Art per Album/Folder. So as I use MMA exclusivly on Android I use "\Music\<Title>\<Artist> - <Title>" location mask for music and have no issues with MMA as it searches Album Art per track and as each track is its own folder they are showing correctly.
Best regards,
Peke
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

Peke wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:44 am Hi,
I was talking per track Album art that is addressed in MM2.0 due the fact that MMA 1.x is designed to use Album Art per Album/Folder. So as I use MMA exclusivly on Android I use "\Music\<Title>\<Artist> - <Title>" location mask for music and have no issues with MMA as it searches Album Art per track and as each track is its own folder they are showing correctly.
Ah. I wasn't sure if you were just referring to that or the album art issue on Android auto as well collectively. Do you make your own album art for your entries? Most albums/EPs/singles only ever have one artwork image made anyway, just curious for the use case of this feature that's being covered in MMA 2.0.

Hopefully the artwork issue is fixed in the next patch or two then.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, I simply Sync files and MMA Auto Search for Album Art usually it gets correct one or gets Artist Images so I am Satisfied.
Best regards,
Peke
elcapitan

Post by elcapitan »

Wait am I reading this right, I have my folders sorted as artist\album\trackname.mp3 and I use 1 album art file in the album folder named folder.jpg. this works fine on the phone in the app, status bar, lock screen etc. The only time it doesn't work is in android auto. Are you saying it should work in AA now?

Or is this fixed for an upcoming release?