Problems with Chromecast Audio [#15967]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nelet

Problems with Chromecast Audio [#15967]

Post by nelet »

Are you using MMA with Chromecast Audio? I have used it two days now and there seems to be problems.

If I just start playlist and not touching to 'now playing list' the music has been stopped a few times. And one time it played some other track than next one in list. Although next one's name and art are showed. After that playing stopped.

When touching to 'now playing list' (add new track or move track to played next) then there are almost allways problem like: 1) Next track is skipped. 2) Next track is played but then playing is stopped. 3) Showing next track but playing some other (usually track which was next before editing list).

So 'now playing list' can't be modified without problems. This is annoying. Is this even tested before releasing app?
nelet

Re: Problems with Chromecast Audio

Post by nelet »

I have used MMA about two months now and it is very frustrating because MMA continuously stops playing music and I have to start casting over and over again. This can happen a couple of times an hour. I really like to hear what developers say about this. How This is possible? Why this bug is not fixed? Maybe I should ask my many back.

MMA has also crashed several times during this two months.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log from About after you experience this. You can open a Support Ticket with the logID's if you want direct feedback.
nelet

Post by nelet »

I created two tickets over four months ago. They are still open. So nothing has happen. Seems that authors does not care if user have problems. Maybe money is only thing they care.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I apologize about inactivity in this issue, I have focused on developing MMA 2.0.
The issue is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15967
I will focus on it and hope the fix will be included in earlier 1.3.6.x build.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, numerous chromecast-related issues have been fixed in MMA 1.3.6 (currently build 883 is accessible via the Beta channel).

Please let us know if any issues remain. Thanks!

-Rusty
nelet

Post by nelet »

Still music stops every now and then. Most often if I am doing something else with my mobile. And sometimes same track is played twice.

Also that another issue is still there. Can't edited 'now playing' list without problems.
Peke

Re: Problems with Chromecast Audio [#15967]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
1. When music stops please use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs -> Write LogID here before sending as that would give us info on why music is stopped.

2. I am not being able to replicate problem using Latest MMA Beta and Nexus Player as chromecast. As above Sending us log would help to see what is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nelet

Post by nelet »

Here are two logs about problem where music stops after modifying now playing list.
LUS4X67HH6
KIKJ3KYIW4

This time these are taken with Samsung Galaxy tablet.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you, bug updated and prioritized.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nelet

Post by nelet »

And these logs are when music is just stopped after some track without editing list.
6CBSNPSQ88
NCEGA1BRUC

Logs are with Sony Xperia M4 Aqua dual
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi, I have checked your logs and in both cases, the Chromecast hangs in the loading state.
So currently the issue looks more to be on the Chromecast side. Hopefully, the future cast library will fix the issue.
MikeGahrns

Post by MikeGahrns »

In case this helps others with the problem or the MMA devs, here is what I found out:

Try hard power cycling the chrome cast receiving device.

Details:

MMA was casting great for several days to my Vizio TV with chromecast built in. One day, mid track, it just stopped.

I tried reconnecting to chrome cast, to no avail.
I was able to use my PC to bring up Chrome and it showed something still being casted to my TV, and I was able to stop the casting from the PC.
But I could not reconnect via MMA.
Every time I tried to cast from MMA, it would start the casting process, show that it was connected, but then say something like "missing codec" and skipping track.
What was playing was a regular .mp3 . When not casting, it plays just fine and doesn't give the "missing codec" message.
Stopping and starting casting from PC works fine, I am able to cast web pages etc.
But while in this state I can't cast from MMA. Restarting MMA, powering off the phone, powering off the TV did NOT fix things.

HOWEVER, by going into the TV system menu, admin, and selecting "Soft Power Cycle", everything was fixed.
It seems Chromecast on the TV got into some weird state where MMA couldn't cast to it (although my PC could while it was in this state). I can't remember the details but I vaguely remember similar problems when casting from a PC to Chrome Cast dongle (Not the chrome cast built into the Vizio TV). What fixed that was hard powering cycling the Chromecast dongle.

So there definitely seems to be some sort of issue on the Chromecast receiving side, but I think there are still issues on the MMA casting side in that it doesn't seem to be handling this state well. As I said, I can cast fine from my PC when it is in this state. And it doesn't make sense to me that MMA is coming up with the "missing codec" skipping track message. Seems like it is not properly error handling this state.
Boy_Narf

Post by Boy_Narf »

I'm getting a weird issue as well. Whenever this one album plays while connected to chromecast it instantly disconnects, whether it's on shuffle or I try to play it (For Your Health - Nosebleeds). The files are downloaded from Bandcamp in 320 KBPS, exactly the same as every other file I have these days. I compared the file details to other songs which I recently downloaded off BC and they are identical. I tried deleting and re-syncing the album, updating file details and re-syncing tags, re-analyzing audio, still no matter what I do chromecast refuses to play this album.

LOG sent: K4B5JEELVE

LMK if I should make another thread.
rhpgBowie

Post by rhpgBowie »

I still have problems casting music from my Samsung S9 using MMA Pro (1.4.1.0937) to my amplifier via Chromecast Audio: the audio is frequently interrupted for a short time (mostly less than a second). When casting (from the same phone, to the same amplifier, with the same Wifi-connnection) using other Android apps, like Spotify, Chromecast Audio works perfectly fine, so I'm quite sure the problem is related to the MMA app.

I REALLY like everything else about MM, but music that is constantly interrupted practically makes MMA Pro useless: PLEASE let me know how to fix this problem! Many thanks in advance.