Problems with Chromecast Audio [#15967]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MikeGahrns

Re: Problems with Chromecast Audio [#15967]

Post by MikeGahrns »

Yeah, I suspect that MMA might be doing something slightly different than other apps that are casting, and that the chromecast receiver is not as "forgiving".
I too have a Samsung S9. While I don't have the interruption problem (when it breaks it the receiver just hangs, MMA usually continues trying to play), like rhpgBowie I do NOT have this problem when casting from other sources. e.g. Android apps, PC, Spotify etc.

Suggestion to rhpgBowie: Hard power cycle your Chromecast receiver and see if you continue to have the problem. Whenever, I get my problem, this fixes things. Usually for quite sometime, although every once in a while it might fix it just for a few days.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send debug logs (from About in MMA) right after you experience any issues with Chromecasting (or DLNA casting) and respond here with the logID's for the logs you send in.

Note that some improvements won't come until MMA 2.0: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 967#c54793
MikeGahrns

Post by MikeGahrns »

Coincidently just hung for me now while casting. Log ID ZXT4E5ZRII sent.
rhpgBowie

Post by rhpgBowie »

Everyone, it seems like I've found the cause of my frequent audio interruptions problems when casting music from my Samsung S9 using MMA Pro via Chromecast Audio: since I've disabled Battery Optimization for MMA I've not had these problems anymore. So for everyone who experiences interrupted sound using MMA: try this!
Boy_Narf

Post by Boy_Narf »

@rhpgBowie

It's actually working for me much better than it used to (except that one album). Before it was sorted I just casted my screen to the audio device (instead of casting through MM). Did the trick for a year anyway. Give it a shot.
ben59

Post by ben59 »

Oh I Ve that problem too.. battery optimization is disabled ...