[SOLVED] Filename settings not reflected on device

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

thebluemask

[SOLVED] Filename settings not reflected on device

Post by thebluemask » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:39 am

Now I've got some time to try setting up my device properly with MM I've noticed it isn't naming tracks correctly during the sync to my phone. I've set it up by going to Tools>Options>Portable Device Sync>My Phone and then in the Options tab under File locations I've entered the following in the 'Music' field:

\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title>

So if I synced the song 'Drive My Car' by The Beatles it should show up on my phone as:

\Music\The Beatles\Rubber Soul\01 Drive My Car.mp3

but instead it's appearing as:

\Music\The Beatles\Rubber Soul\01 The Beatles - Drive My Car.mp3

thebluemask

Re: Filename settings not reflected on device

Post by thebluemask » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Hmmm, not sure why but after deleting my library and resyncing multiple times it's finally reflecting the correct name formatting.

I'm still having an issue I reported separately where it creates 'Music Video', 'Podcasts' and 'TV' folders on my device even after I delete them. I have a feeling both these issues could be related to the fact that my device shows up as 2 devices (internal phone storage and my SD card). I've removed my actual phone (internal storage) from MM device list and just left the SD card in the available device list.

So this issue is closed but the other one still happens.