[Bug] Crossfade bug after activating EQ

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Coincident

[Bug] Crossfade bug after activating EQ

Post by Coincident » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Hello.

I've found a bug while using the latest beta version of MMA (Version 1.3.7.0902) on my android (6.0.1) phone alcatel onetouch idol (probably the worst phone on the planet).

I listen to music on MMA with the Level Volume and Crossfade (beta) options enabled, never went to the equalizer option, so that's disabled. My library was sync'ed from MMW, where I analyzed all of the tracks' audio. In MMA, the Level Volume works perfecly and the Crossfade is (a bit cluncky but) pretty good. So far so good.

However, afterwards I went to the equalizer, activated it, and boosted everything to about 3dB to get more gain on my quiet headphones. The effect was immediate, but once a song is about to end, there's a bug with the Crossfade:
- 5 secs before the song ends, its volume cuts immediately to 0%, and there's total silence at that point.
- At the same time, the next song starts playing, and its volume slowly increases from 0 to 100% over about 5 seconds.

If I turn off the equalizer and restart MMA, Crossfade seems to be OK again.

I hope this info helps.

Edit: I tested this a bit further, and I noticed that this problem only happens when I have headphones connected to the audio jack of the phone (or when playing sound through the phone's loudspeakers). If my phone is connected to a bluetooth headset / speakers, this problem does not occur.

PS - An honest thank you for making Media Monkey. I love what you've done with this amazing piece of software! :)

Peke

Re: [Bug] Crossfade bug after activating EQ

Post by Peke » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi,
Do you have One touch Idol 3 5.5 or 4.7?

I have Alcatel Idol 3 5.5" that I flashed with LineageOS 14.1 using https://forum.xda-developers.com/idol-3 and those two hones are non comparable.

I have even tried adding additional heat dispersion film and use overclocked ROM, but reverted to 14.1. It work flowlessly with MMA, Problem is in Premium DSP JBL system apps where if it is enabled EQ in any app makes problems. On Lineage you have Viper sound Processor that can make almost any phone sound good :)
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Coincident

Post by Coincident » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:48 am

Hello.

I have an Idol 3 (4.7'') with Alcatel's original OS (which is crap). It doesn't surprise me that THAT's the problem.
TBH I've never looked it depth on how to flash my phone with another OS, but that's probably the way to go in this case.

Thanks for the information, maybe I will try flashing the phone and solve this problem (and many others!) :)

Peke

Post by Peke » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi,
Not sure about 4.7 version, but Alcatel started to push lots of crap apps on phone and lots of ads. If you are confident I would not thinking about flashing LineageOS. Ask on XDA they are very active and, make sure you can revert back. Also I doubt that phone is still in warranty.

Phone is otherwise very good for its age.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum